Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shawn Bennett Corals Found a New Home :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn Bennett Corals Found a New Home :)

Well after plenty of pondering, Shawn has decided to sell his entire collection of Acropora & other coral to fragfarmer and maintain his awesome fish instead. For those who do not know, Shawn has been in the hobby for quite some time. The last year and a half, we were the sole distributor of his prized collections. Not only to I feel honored to be considered someone who he trusts, but I am very grateful as well. Shawn is a very concerned and passionate hobbyist who really cares for not only his coral/fish, but all in general. Once again, Thanks Shawn

I have never seen massive sized corals like this before, other than the wild. So many species growing together sharing the same base. Totally crazy. The Tort pictured below is around 14" tall. His Yongei colony is bigger than that (my favorite His yellow Tort (from D. Botwin) is not a Tort btw, but it is huge! At least 11"+ Here are a couple of pics. Pictures taken under 250 de 10K USHIO .Frags should be online within a month. Enjoy

www.zeovitusa.com

Eric, you must feel like a kid on christmas
    very nice,

Comment

awesome man! Is that a Leng Sy cap?
      40g reef, 10g mantis tank, 225g sps reef in the works...

Comment

Nice Eric. When you called me I was about to jump in my car and follow you over there.

I don't need much, i'll just take the broken pieces from the move

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz
          Eric, you must feel like a kid on christmas
          very nice,
          Yeah, just a little

These corals look alot better under the 20K XM's (I put all the broken frags there)

As for Leng Sy, that was discussed here a while ago http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=227144&highlight=leng+sy+cap

Come by Madison, you're way ver due

www.zeovitusa.com

Comment

Missed you Saturday when I stopped in Eric... little early I guess.

SteveU
            “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
            ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Very nice! Always admired Shawns corals!

Comment

I had the privilege of visiting Shawn's previous locale/setup. His tank was awesome. I've never seen such a clean looking sandbed (yeah he was a DSBer). LOTS of fish, some pretty big tangs. AMAZING corals. Eric, that's AWESOME that you're taking over Bennett's collection.
                10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                BK400ext
                RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
                MRC kalkmixer
                IKS

Comment

Originally posted by GTR
                  Missed you Saturday when I stopped in Eric... little early I guess.

SteveU
                  Yeah Steve, Robet told me you camee through. Heard you found a potato chip? He was going in my display too. Sucks. Catch you next time.

Yeah, Shawn's stuff is prett amazing. He kept it real simple too. Didn't really add nothing to his tank. He would jokingly give me and Scott a hard time about always messing with our tanks and adding stuff to them. He definatley knows what he is doing.

www.zeovitusa.com

Comment

Eric,

Did he say why he was getting out of SPS? I bet it had something to do with the amount of time/money required to keep corals and particularly SPS.

What kind of awesome fish does he have anyway? He took his website down last year and so it's been hard to see what the latest was on his tank.

Ted

Comment

Eric can you hook a homey up

Comment

NICE!!!!
                        but,why he deside to go only with fish?
                        his collection was great!!!

good luck,eric

mike

Comment

Originally posted by mshur
                          NICE!!!!
                          but,why he deside to go only with fish?
                          his collection was great!!!

good luck,eric

mike
                          From talking to Eric and reading. Shawn doesnt have the time to keep up with the corals, and he wants to go FOWLR b/c his fish are as good as his corals! Eric has been the only guy to sell Shawns stuff for a long time now, so it only made sense.

scott

Comment

i see))
                            ohh,,,welll good luck to shaw))

mike

Comment

Congrats Eric,

Shawn couldnt have picked a better person to continue his legacy. Shawn was one on the first people I met in this hobby. He is a great guy and gave me some excellent advice.

I still havent had a chance to visit your store. I will have to check it out soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X