Buna Branch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buna Branch

Ive never heard of Buna Branch, but I like the rock sculptures and have been eyeing it for my new tank. Can you give me some history and overall location of Buna is? thanks!

Our Buna is from Fiji and it's collected in shallow reef areas. The rock is primairly old encrusted heads of Pocillopora verrucosa that have broken off in storms.

If you have more questions, please let us know. Thank you.

Kristine
    Reefer Madness

Comment

Kristine.. Im very interested in this rock. I will be purchasing a 450g soon and wanted see if you could give me a rough estimate on how much rock I will need for this size tank with the diagram provided. The tank is 72x48x30H. Just a rough estimate of how many lbs. I dont like TOO much rock.. so i may have to make 2 orders so I can under order on my first!

Top Down View

Comment

Is this all new rock or are you adding older existing rock?

Comment

Most likely all new.

Comment

What are you trying to achieve with your rockwork? Are you planning any for arches, pinnacles, a valley, caves, etc.? The normal recommendation is 1 1/2 lbs. per gallon for a pretty full tank. You might want to go with around 1 lb. per gallon and see from there how much more you need if any.

Kristine & Chris

Comment

In the back of my mind, i was going to go with half or less of what you recommended. Then I can see if I need more for the 2nd order. I definitley dont want a tank full of rocks. My tank will be more open space but with some unusual rock structures that i will keep to myself for right now. Once Im ready, I will get in contact with you. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
              X