Who can explain my camera to me...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who can explain my camera to me...?

I am horrible at taking pictures and have no clue what settings I should use with my camera. It's a Sony DSC-P7 and if anybody out there knows what I should do, I am ready for a tutorial...
    Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Gary, Do you have a night setting? thats what I use without flash for corals. Then I just focus and shoot.

Comment

the camera I have has a macro setting for up close shots, you might want to play with the blue balance and have a steady hand

Comment

Gary what is wrong with the pictures you are taking? focus? color? clarity? all of the above?

Comment

Go to this thread........its excellant. I knew nothing about this stuff & am able to take some decent pics now. Click on whatever section you want to learn from. The Exposure section should help a lot.

http://www.ximinasphotography.com/lessons/

Comment

My camera has a night setting, macro setting and several other options to adjust. I feel the colors don't even come close to the real thing and my close up shots never show details (e.g. polyp extension).
            Thanks for the link, Big E. It looks like this may help me...

Comment

Gary heres a site that help me big time
              http://www.ximinasphotography.com/le...echniques.html

Comment

BTW Gary, you met the author of that site when you were here in LA. I'm sure you don't remember because it was at the frag swap and you had already started your 2nd beer

Comment

BTW Gary, you met the author of that site when you were here in LA. I'm sure you don't remember because it was at the frag swap and you had already started your 2nd beer
                  Madison, that may be true, but you have to keep in mind, the beer I drink actually contains alcohol and I drink it in a "Masskrug" and not in the size of a shot glass....

Comment

Working...
                  X