300g Full Tank Shot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300g Full Tank Shot

Well, this is where I will be using zeo.
    Marc
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish and he'll sit in the boat and drink beer all day.

very cool. keep us updated

Comment

All of the rockwork on the left is suspended above the sandbed on PVC & black plastic milk crates. The rocks on the left look like they are stacked byt rhgerre are only 5 LARGE rocks over there standing sort of on end like p[illars, it provides a lot of swim through for the fish. They can also swim within the rockwork on the left. Dead center down front is a red/orange/yellow brain that can expand into the 10" range. Absolute beauty, I've had it 6+/- years.
      As you can see I have a pretty light coral load. I also have a light fish load:
      5" Sohal tang
      4" Purple Tang
      4" Blue Hippo Tang
      Pair of A. percula Clowns
      2 Blue Eye Cardinals
      1 Bicolor Blenny
      1 Dispar Anthias
      1 Large Diadema (spines 6"-7")
      4 Skunk Cleaners
      4 Fire Shrimp
      Misc. Stars, Snails, Hermits, Conchs......

Marc
      Marc
      Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish and he'll sit in the boat and drink beer all day.

Comment

In the center of the tank, on top of the cave, what is that growing?

Comment

It's an arch about 6" from the back wall and has 6 different colors of M. digitata on it.

This is a better picture of it, and then a close-up of the top.

Marc

Comment

Hi Marc, that's a nice set-up--I really like the center cave. Plz. give us more info , such as lighting, sump arrangement, skimmer, etc, thnx. Bob
            "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Hi Marc, looking great some very nice corals there !!!

Your lighting in your first pic looks a little yellow, could be the picture, but interested to know what Lighting you are using ?

The colour on your corals look great thou......

Thanks

Comment

Thanks all.

I'm using four 250w halides, the inside two are running XM 15k and the outside two are running XM 20k. I also have four 80w T5 10k bulbs. The halides are on 8 hours and the T5's are on 12.

I'm using an ASM G4 skimmer, and I clean it regularly. The sump is the largest Oceanic ref ready sump that they make. It's 36.5x18.5x19.5. The coloration is actualy much bluer than appears in that first picture. I don't think I balanced the white out before taking it.
                Marc

Comment

Here are several detailed coral shots;

Rainbow Mycedium sp.

Orange & Gun Metal Blue Echino

Large Red Brain (10+ Inches when fully open)

Green Eye Oxypora...(OOPS forgot my marketing...Alien Eye Oxypora)

Green & Blue Echino

Yellow & Purple Montipora
                  Marc

Comment

WOW, Marc, just great coloration --so you'll have a mixed reef?--what % SPS? Thnx. Bob

Comment

Bob-

I don't plan on adding anything else except SPS. I only have two "leather" type corals in there now...a very nice S. elegans and a Lemnalia. There are a few LPS, a very light smattering of shrooms & zoanthids. Several of the LPS are in the "show" category. The rainbow Mycedium is in the 10"x8" range. The brain is 10"+, a large Platygyra, etc... I tried to stay away from heavy known slimers. I have always run large carbon bags with frequent changes, and was also running the ozone to help deal with toxins.

Everything was growing/coloring nicely. I was in Montana for 2.5 weeks in September and had a tank sitter. When I got back I had a bunch of stuff RTN and/or loss color. The sitter turned off my AC because he thought it was on by mistake. With the house all closed up my tank was at 86 when I got home. I also stared a phosban reactor 2 weeks before I left. I stopped the reactor and brought the temp back down.

I still have a problem with the montiporas losing color. Everything else is fine. I have done several 50g water changes.

Marc
                      Marc

Comment

I love the yellow and purple montipora. Very cool color combo!!!

Comment

Marc, the Monti's seem sensitive to K-Balance which will strengthen their color/growth.[pers.comm. Alexander ****] I don't presently have any Monti's but my Stylo's, Pocci & Seratiopora have developed a richer red coloration with it, as have my blue stags, which I felt were already had strong colors. BTW, either C-V &/or K-Balance has enriched my blue chalice--get started on ZEOvit ASAP Bob

Comment

I would love to get started...just need my alk/cal in balance first...don't I. I am also having trouble finding a reactor except for the real expensive ones.

Madison, I got that piece from Jesus at coralfantasy.com. I am lucky to have a few high quality small farms near me. I am just starting my "move Fragfarmer to Sacramento" campaign.
                            Marc

Comment

Working...
                            X