Growth sequences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Growth sequences

Going to be starting ZEOvit very soon, Built my DIY reactor already just waiting to get started... These are a few growth sequnces of some of my corals over the past year or so.. just added a CA reactor to my system four months ago.. pretty good i think for not having a reactor..
    First my Purple prostrata.. My favorite peice which has recently fallen to the heat.. and i'm forced to start it over from little frags that i've been able to spare :cursin:

The newest picture of it is too horrifying to post!
    How bout' a blue mille'

125gal SPS reef w/55gal prop-tank/sump
    Paleoceanography lab

Green SLimer

and this is the last one i promise...

Paleoceanography lab

Comment

That is one beautiful coral!!
      I really love this pic:

Comment

yeah i just wish it still looked like that
        Paleoceanography lab

Comment

Brion, thnx. for such good growth pix's. Keep us posted when you begin ZEOvit, Bob
          "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

sortof a sad update. Had a pretty bad heat spell about a month ago and it killed off a few of my corals.(yeah, no chiller! :icon_roll ). nothing extreme didn't loose any gems...until i noticed my big purple prostrata receeding.. eventually there was little left of it.. so i broke the whole colony off gave it a good dip in some iodine and set it down in the bottom of the aquarium .. it is starting to come back to life, no where near what it used to be however.. what did look like this....

now looks like this....

Luckily a few frags i took of it are starting to grow and are the original purple color now.. and the base that i broke the coral off of is growing back over the nub where the colony was.. so while i lost most of the colony... hopefully it'll grow back to it's original splendor.
            Brion
            Paleoceanography lab

Comment

WOW so sorry to see this.. It was a beauty.... Zeo will keep you back on track...

Comment

Working...
              X