Hons Signapore Reef Cube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hons Signapore Reef Cube

I really like this tank. Especially the equipment. Definitely on his way to a nice filled tank soon! I wonder why two IKS though?

Source: http://www.reefcube.com/

Acrylic Racks

Red Dragon

IKS X 2

Looks like he hid those acrylic racks pretty good:

Two x IKS?

That does it, I'm getting three!
    400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

He has 2 IKS cos he ran out of ports for the first IKS. He is using the IKS variable power bars to run the Tunze streams too instead of the Tunze controller. He is also using the SIMMOD to control dimming up and down of the T5s. He needs a total of 5 or 6 controllable ports and the IKS only has 4 ports
      Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Timon, your nuts!!

Farish, I never knew you could run Tunze Powerheads on an IKS and be able to tune it. That saves some $$.

Comment

Could he use the Aquastar Midi instead? I know its not X-10 and uses sockets instead.

Comment

Originally posted by invincible569
            Timon, your nuts!!

Farish, I never knew you could run Tunze Powerheads on an IKS and be able to tune it. That saves some $$.
            Yeah, you can but u need the variable powerbars to vary the output of the streams. The IKS is much more flexible in terms of varying the water flow patterns when compared to the Tunze controller. However, tunze does not recommend it and will void the warranty I believe.
            Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Could he use the Aquastar Midi instead? I know its not X-10 and uses sockets instead.

He could have but the Midi ( 2 control ports and 2 fixed sensor ports) is not so flexible as the Aquastar (8 variable sensor ports and 4 control ports).... U never know when u need more probes or what other kinda probes IKS will come out with next.
              Farish

Comment

Thanks Farish, you're the IKS pro!

Comment

Thanks Farish, you're the IKS pro!
                  Nah, in Singapore, Hon is the IKS Pro. I learnt everything i know about the IKS from him as he is the pionner reefer with an IKS. He is one of the more respected reefers in Singapore too both for his knowledge and willingness to share his knowledge with others.
                  Farish

Comment

Not if it means you need two IKS's
                    400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Farish, then your IKS Pro #2.

Timon, good argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion76
                        Not if it means you need two IKS's
                        He has 6 Tunze powerheads so that will take up 2 ports (4 controllable power outlets per port), another port for MHs/T5s control, another port for the dimming control of the T5s and he is left with 0 ports.

For us with 4 Streams and below, 1 IKS should be sufficient for everthing we need to do/control on a reef.
                        Farish

Comment

Hey what size tank is that? i mean demensions?

thanks!

Nick
                          275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Very nice tank, and he has a stainless steel stand as well .
                            Nick dimensions of tank are 78"x30"x30".

Comment

Thanks!

Nick
                              275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Working...
                              X