Nick's (nbd13) tank at 6 months.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nick's (nbd13) tank at 6 months.....

Well guys i figure its about time i post some pics, sorry got the quality, still learning the camera (way to may features).

anyhow i first want to thank John B once again for the great vist i paid his this past sunday. as most of you know he did some thinnning of his reef and i was lucky enough to get the stuff he didnt want. thanks again John, everything is settling in nice, i hope that tri-color makes it.

anyhow i have been on zeo for about 3 1/2 months now and love it! i just dosed spur2 2 days ago, but have not seen any lighting of my corals i think i am going to go for 4ml next time.

i have 2 large colonies coming tomorrow from RM that i will post pics of also.

anyhow this is my 180 gallon SPS tank. i have about 200 gallons net.

this tank will be all SPS with some rics and zoos if my majestic angel lets me add them.

anyhow enough talking here are the pics! (dont mind the sand in the front, with 4 6100s in there sand gets blown everywhere, haha)

first ones are shots of the coral i picked up this weekend from John,

this is his large 6-7" LJ purple tip,

next is a nice tri-color, John was having some trouble with it starting to RTN, hopefully it will pull around for me, its a great coral with nice neon green polyps,

close up,

next is a wild millie that John has had, its tough to get a nice shot, it has red and blue to it, so its tough to capture the true color,

next is the blue polyp digi that John had, i couldnt get a good upclose pic of the blue polyps,

next is a purple digi again hard to get the true colors,

next is the HUGE slimer i picked up off John, this thing was massive, we had to break it in 2 inorder for me to bring it home!

next are the stags i picked up off of John, there are beauties,

and

then is this nice yellow/green millie that i got from John, this thing is HUGE and HAIRY!

next is a pic of where all my stags are sort of a stag island,

next is my Tort that John acidentally broke off, he was pissed about it and i was happy, haha its about 3" and it glows!

next is a nice aquacultured i picked up locally off Murph that has turned into a beauty

now come the full tank shots, remeber its young and i am adding corals slowly here. the 2 from RM are big so they will take up some room, i am trying to put corals next to eachother that are across eachother on the color wheel, you know so they stand out better.

heres a side shot, pardon the fish i tried to keep them out of the photos

next are 2 full tank shots,

and

if you guys have any questions or want pics of any specific let me know and i will be happy to ablige.

hope you enjoy!

Nick
    Last edited by nbd13; 05-03-2005, 07:24 PM.
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Nice pics! those corals look awesome!! Looks like you got a GREAT DEAL! Im very happy for you! The LJ Purple tip and the blue tipped nobilis are my fav!

Comment

Looks good Nick,

That does not look as full as I thought, ya know, for as many bags, boxes and coolers you took out of my shop, I figured it would be a little more cramped.......
      IF IT IS WORTH DOING, TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO IT RIGHT..........

Comment

Haha i know John, i thought it would be filled up more too, oh well the tank is looking good and the coral are doing great! It will start to fill in nicely i think. Maybe you need to do some more thinning, haha J/K. Again thanks for the greta corals John!

Edward- my girlfriend also loves the LJ purple tip and i love the blue tip Nobilis!

thanks for the compliments guys!

Nick
        275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

very nice!!!

Comment

thank you, i am trying my best on this tank. you know not taking nay shortcuts.

Nick

Comment

Nick, where is the rest of the slimer? Am I missing it due to the angle?
              IF IT IS WORTH DOING, TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO IT RIGHT..........

Comment

Very impressive corals, & aquascaping, Nick/John. Looks like home-college-schooling for you Bob
                "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

John- yes you are missing the rest due to the angle, its all there and it looks HUGE! my left side tank lights just went off or i would get a better angle for you, that coral is HUGE!

Bob thanks again i am pleased how the rock work turned out, i tired to do something alittle different.

Nick

Comment

Nick I don't like you anymore... I was supposed to get all those corals :cry:
                    400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Looks gret Nick, your a lucky guy
                      Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

very nice!!!

Bachir
                        Bachir
                        2000 - gallon saltwater

Comment

haha thanks guys!

when they grow out alittle more i will frag them for you guys! will that work?

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by nbd13
                            when they grow out alittle more i will frag them for you guys! will that work?
                            No I MUST have them right now!!!
                            400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

haha wait a minute here arent you located out side of the US?

on a side note you should see the order i just unpacked from RM! the corals were exactly the same as the pic! i will try to post some pics if time allows

Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X