Pretty in Pink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty in Pink

For some reason.. the pinks glow really nice with ZEOvit. Pink is a must if you're using ZEOvit. Anyone else have similiar experiences?

nope, my pink birds nest did look like that untill I started zeo. Dow it looks bad.

-Tim

Comment

My pink did the same. Went from pink to muddy brown.

Comment

Fellas, if your nutrients are being reduced, color will improve unless a coral has parasitic infestation, coral stress from parameters swings, photo-shock[improved water clarity] or zeo-overshooting. Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Wow! I wasnt expecting to get those answers. I always knew that pinks were strong when using ZEOvit. I have seen this through the gallery on Captive Oceans. I wasnt going to put any birdsnest in my tank because they were very common, but I wanted to see what ZEOvit could do. Again, Im very suprised that your birdsnest turn brown. Are you guys applying the husbandry that the ZEOvit guide requests? And as Bob said.. if you have unstable water conditions, your corals will definitley turn into what you guys posted. My water levels have been very stable for MONTHS now. I recently had a Ca Reactor lockup and didnt realize it.. and did notice my corals turn very dull loosing its colors... I then tuned it back up and now corals are glowing once again. Make sure Alk is stable. That is the key to any aquarium even without ZEOvit.

Comment

Just to prove I am not crazy.. I also have a frag of a Pistillata. It has colored up into a deep pink. I couldnt get a good pic.. but this is the best i could do.

Comment

I was a little worried when I saw the title of the thread... I expected a picture of Edward in a pink tutu doing the dying swan.
              BTW, guys, keep in mind that ZEOvit won't "change" the color of a coral but will rather bring out the way it looks in nature. That being said, many seriatopora being imported are actually brown (there is virtually no difference what they look like to the divers who bring them up).
              Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

Mine was originally pink.

-Tim

Comment

Tim, by looking at the pic you posted.. it looks like your water conditions are or have been unstable. The base of the coral is receding and so is the coral next to it. This is what Bob is talking about when he says stressing a coral will not give you optimal results.

Comment

Working...
                  X