The Wavebox and My Tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wavebox and My Tank

This has really nothing to do with Zeo or SPS for that matter, but I've been so....infatuated with the sheer coolness of this toy since I got it going in my tank that I just haveto share it with y'all

http://homepage.mac.com/moonpod/iMovieTheater19.html
    10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
    BK400ext
    RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
    MRC kalkmixer
    IKS

Great Movie, Chuck... Those waveboxes are the most amazing thing since the Streams... Was it hard to adjust at all..?

And, hey, it looks like, from your linked page, that you went with the Mac...?
    Last edited by Todd March; 01-24-2005, 12:08 AM.
    Rimless Starfire 85g SPS
    (36" x 26" x 21")
    ATI Powermodule 10 x 39W
    ATB Small Cone
    RK2
    Vortech MP40W
    6025 Stream modded
    Vertex Zeo Reactor
    Balling

Comment

Also wonder will it give stress to the glass tank joint.. cause I dont want a face leaking problem.
      ---------------------------
      180g 3 side Low Iron Glass, Lighting: ATI Power Module 10 x 80W KZ Coral Light (awiting for to mix with fiji purple), Return Pump: Red Dragon 12m3, Tunze WaveMaker:1x 6200, 3 x 6100 and 1 x 6060 + Multicontroller 7095, Bubble King 300 Internal, Deltec - PF 601S, Arctica Chiller 1/2HP, I~Zeo Reactor IZ-618

BK 300 in actionhttp://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...IDEO_00003.flv

Comment

Originally posted by keigo
        Also wonder will it give stress to the glass tank joint.. cause I dont want a face leaking problem.
        That's just another reason to go acrylic man.

Todd, the thing is really, really easy to dial in. Took about 15 mins once I actually read the directions. (Funny how that helps )

Yes, I went Mac and I've gone full bore. Replaced the home desktop with the imac G5 20" and now I just chucked my laptop for a G4 ibook. I am waiting for the G5 powerbooks and then.....
        10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
        BK400ext
        MRC kalkmixer
        IKS

Comment

Very cool Chuck. I've seen Dave's and his isn't nearly as affective as yours. Probably because of the length of his tank and/or the rock work.

Comment

i have one i got it from oceanrealm on RC hes cheaper then anywhere else if you want one PM him also please let him know i sent you lol i buy alot of stuff off him The wavebox kicks butt shut everything down and you see EVERYTHING still moving also you look at the top of the water and its amazing how it just goes up and down the water
            Nick
            Nick
            180G SPS Mainly
            10 Bulb T5 Starfire
            Calcium Reactor
            3 Tunze 6105's
            Profilux Controller
            ATB Return w/ wavysea
            ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Thanks for sharing!! That looks really good! Do the fish seem to like it? I can see them moving around.. and they looked confused.. or maybe they are just riding the wave. Did you have to remove any other powerheads to make the wave work properly? thanks Chuck!!

Comment

Originally posted by invincible569
                Thanks for sharing!! That looks really good! Do the fish seem to like it? I can see them moving around.. and they looked confused.. or maybe they are just riding the wave. Did you have to remove any other powerheads to make the wave work properly? thanks Chuck!!
                The fish see me and are confused because I'm not feeding them!

Well, I removed two stream 6000s b/c of space considerations when I mounted the wavebox. Otherwise I left two 6100s in the tank. The are in the back corners pointing towards each other. My returns shoot straight out from the middle. Things seem plenty turbulent with a sort of background rocking from the wavebox. The wavebox is cool, but I will grant that you can accomplish the same thing with a surge system, but that involves plumbing issues I can't do in my setup, and typically a lot more bubbles and noise.

Madison, with Dave having that surge I'm not sure how the wavebox benefits him and I think the surge cancels it out everytime it hits.
                10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                BK400ext
                MRC kalkmixer
                IKS

Comment

I want one of those
                  Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

how do I see the movie? I click and it just brings up that TV thing and nothing happens...do I have to wait?
                    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

do you have quicktime loaded on your computer?
                      10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                      BK400ext
                      MRC kalkmixer
                      IKS

Comment

Chuck, when I was at Dave's he had the box mounted behind that island on the right, the surge and all other streams were off. Last night I was there and he had moved the wave box to a corner and it still didn't do a whole lot. Like I said, I think the size of his tank has something to do with it and maybe the rockwork.

BTW, he says he can see polyp movement deep into the branches of the corals so I guess that's all that matters.

Comment

yeah his tank is significantly longer than mine and his rockwork is more complicated. He needs to "buddy up" a stream or get a "synched" 2nd wavebox
                          10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                          BK400ext
                          MRC kalkmixer
                          IKS

Comment

my 125 his 4 1/2 feet long and i have 2 6100's and the wavebox
                            Nick
                            Nick
                            180G SPS Mainly
                            10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                            Calcium Reactor
                            3 Tunze 6105's
                            Profilux Controller
                            ATB Return w/ wavysea
                            ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Chuck,

That's a lot of flow for a FOWLR. You obviously haven't been able to kick the reef habit

--Rick
                              Zeovit user since October 2, 2004

Comment

Working...
                              X