My Purple Deep Water coral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Purple Deep Water coral

Do you guys remember my purple deepwater frag? here it is slowly growing. Its finally taking off. It used to be a deeper purple when it was under a rock in a shaded area, but i moved it to see what it would do and if the growth would be affected in a higher flow area with more intense lighting. Sure enough it liked the new change, but the color got a big lighter. This coral is VERY delicate and therefore my first indicator that somehting in my tank is wrong (Alk, SG, etc). This coral resembles Steve T's "Georges PM". The mother colony of this coral grows in a table form.

It does look like a PM. Is that your canary?

Comment

yes.. this is my canary for sure. I thought i lost it one time.. but it recovered.

Comment

It used to be a deeper purple when it was under a rock in a shaded area, but i moved it to see what it would do and if the growth would be affected in a higher flow area with more intense lighting. Sure enough it liked the new change, but the color got a big lighter.
        Edward, I wonder if it would darken more if you'd place it in an area where most of the light intensity would come from the blue spectrum. Do you run actinic bulbs? If yes, is there a spot where you can have it shaded from the MH but still close to the actinic? It would be interesting to see how it would react....
        Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

Sweet coral, Invisible! :p

Now bring on the full tank shot.
          Skip Attix
          Editor - Reefkeeping Magazine

Comment

Originally posted by Skipper
            Sweet coral, Invisible! :p

Now bring on the full tank shot.

Dont we wish
            Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Invisible? LOL! Skipper, I sent you my full tank shots. you didnt get them? jk

Comment

Man, I love that coral. I've told you that's my favorite coral in you tank, right?
                You're picture taking skills have improved also.

Comment

ill post some pics of the deep water i had.. WOW jaq, sora's Ill get some pics, I deleted them for some unknown reason off my photobucket account they were 11" across or larger.

Comment

Originally posted by naka
                    Man, I love that coral. I've told you that's my favorite coral in you tank, right?
                    You're picture taking skills have improved also.
                    I didnt know that. You'll be the first to have a frag when its ready ok?

Comment

Heres what it looked like in the shade.

Comment

Edward, very nice Maybe I missed this, how long has the coral been in your tank. Thnx. Bob
                        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Its been in my tank for a while (a yr).. its just not starting to take off. My tank is taking off so well recently!

Comment

I have a similar one:

“When something goes wrong we come up with an excuse. When enough time passes, that excuse becomes a reason. As more time goes by, that reason eventually becomes a philosophy.”

Comment

Those are interesting SPS's. Any ID? Thnx. Bob
                              "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Working...
                              X