Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's up?

    Hi, it's me again

    Yesterday, after have posted some pics of my growth, i decide to take some new and...

    Can you tell what's happening?

    12 - 04



    03 - 05



    Looking at the acro with my "naked eyes" i can see that the border of any corallite is shining cobalt blu and running down on the branch seems to be so bright to become white...if you know what i mean...



    PS
    As you can see, growth is not canged and the coral seems to be healthfull
    Last edited by pygoplites; 03-16-2005, 04:13 AM.

  • #2
    Py, it appears Edward[invincible569] dosed Spur2 in your reef Or maybe you put a new B-K skimmer online Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Aged Salt
      Py, it appears Edward[invincible569] dosed Spur2 in your reef Or maybe you put a new B-K skimmer online Bob
      No, i never used zeospur2. I add every day 1,8/2ml of zeostart, 4 drops of zeofood and 5drops of zeofood. I performe nurish to the corals twice a week with kent microvert (4drops) Kent phytomax (2drops) and AA mix (powder)

      I don't know if i have to be happy or sad of what i see.

      Any idea? ... :crap: ...

      Comment


      • #4
        OK, I'm bite again. Has there been a recent increase in your system's temperature? Have you changed to another brand of carbon, used a greater quantity or began placing the carbon in a canister flow-through filter? Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Aged Salt
          OK, I'm bite again. Has there been a recent increase in your system's temperature? Have you changed to another brand of carbon, used a greater quantity or began placing the carbon in a canister flow-through filter? Bob
          ...no. It's more than a month that i don't use carbon...
          I'm using zeo phos (...i don't know why ...just to use it).

          ...fluor 2drops a week, iron 4 drops a month... Jod 2ml a month...

          Comment


          • #6
            Py, how long have you used zeo-phos, & what application of this? Bob
            "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Aged Salt
              Py, how long have you used zeo-phos, & what application of this? Bob
              Is there from...february, in a DIY fuidized filter (high 50cm and diameter 9cm)with a 800lt/h pump.

              ...

              Comment


              • #8
                Pygoplites, could you please tell me what ZeoPhos is ? There is no korallenzucht.de product with such a name.

                What about your other corals ? Have they changed in the same way or do they look as before ?

                G.Alexander

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by G.Alexander
                  Pygoplites, could you please tell me what ZeoPhos is ? There is no korallenzucht.de product with such a name.



                  G.Alexander
                  Sorry, is the biophos 2.

                  Originally posted by G.Alexander
                  What about your other corals ? Have they changed in the same way or do they look as before ?
                  Good questions:

                  Only the acropora florida have become so clear as this one.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Pygoplites, it is not recommended to run PO4 absorbers beside the system. You are running the absorber in a very optimized way (fuidized filter) so the PO4 absorbing effect is strong.

                    BioPhos2 is a iron based absorber and its colour is brown.

                    I would recommend you to remove the PO4 absorber from your system. If you further like to use the absorber you could do it in the same way as described in the dosing guide, using BioPhos2 instead of BioPhos3:

                    The suitability of natural coral sand for this purpose can vary greatly depending on the point of origin. We recommend to test your material for PO4 by soaking it in RO/DI water for several days. This water can now be tested for PO4. We recommend not to use highly polluted coral sand. However, you can always use some kind of phosphate absorber for your calcium reactor effluent. We recommend to exchange our aluminum based PO4 absorber BioPhos 3 as soon as PO4 can be detected again. We recommend against using an absorber in the tank itself, because aluminum can be released at pH values of 8.3 and above. These products can also be used in tanks not employing the ZEOvit method.

                    G.Alexander

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by G.Alexander
                      Pygoplites, it is not recommended to run PO4 absorbers beside the system. You are running the absorber in a very optimized way (fuidized filter) so the PO4 absorbing effect is strong.

                      BioPhos2 is a iron based absorber and its colour is brown.

                      I would recommend you to remove the PO4 absorber from your system. If you further like to use the absorber you could do it in the same way as described in the dosing guide, using BioPhos2 instead of BioPhos3:

                      The suitability of natural coral sand for this purpose can vary greatly depending on the point of origin. We recommend to test your material for PO4 by soaking it in RO/DI water for several days. This water can now be tested for PO4. We recommend not to use highly polluted coral sand. However, you can always use some kind of phosphate absorber for your calcium reactor effluent. We recommend to exchange our aluminum based PO4 absorber BioPhos 3 as soon as PO4 can be detected again. We recommend against using an absorber in the tank itself, because aluminum can be released at pH values of 8.3 and above. These products can also be used in tanks not employing the ZEOvit method.

                      G.Alexander
                      First of all, thanks for your answer.

                      some more detail:

                      I never needed biophos, I used it just because i lost a little xenia behind the barrier and was impossible to remove it, just the day before the beginning of my holiday and so...
                      It was a mid colony, but i was afraid about an accidental PO4 increasing when i was away.
                      The coral sand i use is sugar size and is for a couple of cm. Is 5years old and i don't think it can release something.

                      I can't find this biophos3 you wrote about. Is it different?

                      So, the next time you suggest to use the biophos with the Ca reactor effluent, drop by drop?

                      Thanks again

                      PS
                      i prefere to not use aluminium based adsorber

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Pygoplites,

                        BioPhos3 is a Al based absorber. You can find a picture of the material over here:

                        http://www.korallen-zucht.de/index.p...tt_products=93

                        BioPhos2 is a Iron based absorber which looks different:

                        http://www.korallen-zucht.de/index.p...tt_products=25

                        I would recommend you to remove the absorber completely from your system. If you like to, you can switch a small filter behind the CaCO2 reactor outlet to absorb PO4 coming from the coral gravel in the reactor. If you can not measure any PO4 coming from the reactor media, I would completely leave the absorber out.

                        G.Alexander

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thanks a lot

                          I'll remove it completely.

                          Bye.

                          PS
                          How the PO4 adsorber can disturb the zeo system?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Pygoplites, the absorber itself do not affect the system or its components. The main problem is the system itself, which creates a nutrient low environment. If you place a absorber in this system especially PO4 will become ultra low which could be a problem for corals. They react with bleaching, bad coloration, later on with tissue lost. If such a tank has also a low fish load and fish are not feed regularly it is possible to create a “to nutrient low” environment. A little bit PO4 is needed to keep corals healthy, but this is really only a little bit. The key is a stabile environment with a well balanced nutrient source.

                            G.Alexander

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              so y are we lookin to get rid of the nutrients but not totally is that right ?
                              Nick
                              Nick
                              180G SPS Mainly
                              10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                              Calcium Reactor
                              3 Tunze 6105's
                              Profilux Controller
                              ATB Return w/ wavysea
                              ATB M External Skimmer


                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X