Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Aliiivvveee!!!!!!

The FRAG TANK IS ALIVE!!! FINALLY!!!!!!

Finished up with the plumbing and am running a leak test now. For the most part I can't believe it turned out as well as it did. Only two leaks - nothing major - will be able to fix it tomorrow when I drain it. Hopefully nothing else pops up.

I ended up using a sequence dart for a closed loop. I figure with the couple of bends and the split - it is pushing out about 3000 gph. I really like this pump so far!!!!

Tomorrow I will drain it, and start filling with RO/DI. Also this weekend, I should be able to build my zeo reactor. I also need to wire one box so I can plug in the 2 switch panels I got. Then I can clean up the electrical. I also might paint the light rack - looks a bit ghetto now...

So anyways, here are the pics!!!

--Matt

cool! what kind of MH bulbs are those?

Comment

Awsome job on the plywood tank Matt

Comment

Thanks Cosmo!!

I am using a ESV 250 HQI 10K and a ESV 175 14K (lit in the pictures)
        --Matt

Comment

Originally posted by tonkadawg
          The FRAG TANK IS ALIVE!!! FINALLY!!!!!!

Looks great bro, I use to have a really large plywood tank, I loved it. one thing I notice and dont like is the power strip/manager on the floor under/next to the tank(s) I would move that as soon as possible if you have not already.

Looking good bro
          scott

Comment

Originally posted by scottw
            . one thing I notice and dont like is the power strip/manager on the floor under/next to the tank(s) I would move that as soon as possible if you have not already.
            Yeah, that is just temporary. I am mounting them above the sump on the right side of the stand - out of the way of all the plumbing lines. Don't really want to run the risk of a slow steady leak dripping on them. I should have it done later today or tomorrow.
            --Matt

Comment

Working...
            X