Nudibranch eating Montipora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nudibranch eating Montipora

These are two montipora of a my friend...............

Please comment

Hi Geronte, no doubt these are a major problem for our monti's once they develop a stronghold, usually first on the underside of the plating montipora coral. Treatment is dips & physical extraction, if one notices blotchiness or denuded areas on the montipora. BTW, great pix's, thnx. for sharing. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

A physical Treatment :
      To put the coral at the top of an important flow of air bubbles (created by an air pum).
      With this, the nudibranch will be taken down.... :flame:
      <'))))< Pascal >(((('>

Comment

Nice Pictures!! Time to inspect my tank

Comment

Porites, good point, as many plating montiporas are placed down-corners of our reefs where current flow is sometimes not as strong as in the centers. Bob
          "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

The treatment to destroy this nudibraches (i dont' know if this kills also the eggs) is using Betadine (complex of Iodium) in a separate tank, with 3ml of betadine for liter you will see the nudibranches fall down dead.... You must use acquarium water, no problems for the corals.

Ciao
            Good reefing.
            -------------
            Gilberto

Comment

Gilberto...
              Thanks! I've been fighting these for over a year in my propagation systems. How long do you leave the corals in this solution?

Anyone know if "Betadine" is available over-the-counter or only with prescription?

SteveU
              “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
              ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

GTR, you have to leave the corals for 10/15 minutes in the water, every 2/3 minutes you have to shake the coral so you will see the nudibraches falling down.

Betadine is sold without prescription, it's a medicament to prevent infections.... like the red Iodium tinture, but it's yellow, not red. If you have problems in finding it let me know.
                Good reefing.
                -------------
                Gilberto

Comment

Working...
                X