Latin name: Acropora sarmentosa
    Discovered from / Year: Brook 1892
    Growth: digitate-compact, medium grower
    Degree of difficulty: medium for advanced reefers
    Lighting: medium / strong (bulb)
    Current: medium / strong
    Reproduction: fragmenting

Reference: http://data.aims.gov.au/coralpages/h...20pages/61.htm

Members please post your experiences & pictures in this thread to this species.
    Last edited by G.Alexander; 07-07-2009, 04:18 AM.

that is my favorite coral... reefermadness has soo many of them in different colors...
    Gabriel

300 Gal Envision Tank, 120 Gal Sump, Deltec702, 4 250 watt Ushio 14K,4 IceCap Ballast,4 PFO Pendants, 2 Aquastarlight T5, AquaticSystemsDesign Dual Chamber Calcium Reactor, 2 PanWorld returns, 1 TunzeWavebox & 2 6200 streams all controlled by an Aquatronica contoller

Comment

This is one that I have been told was a A. sarmentosa, but I'm not sure of that. A few people have said that's what it is but again, I'm not 100%.

Comment

davelin, to our friendly forum.

Based on the pictures provided, I would say A. sarmentosa as well. A little more growth is needed to be sure though.

HTH
        Marshal
        265 gallon SPS tank. Bubble King 300 Internal, MRC CR-6 Calc Reactor. 3 400 watt 20k Helios. 90 gallon Frag tank plumbed into main display.

Comment

Nick.
          "God, this place makes me frisky!-----Bubbles.

Comment

Thanks, I've been trying to figure out what this is and the axial corallite looks the same, but none of the others do. I'll post again when it has grown. It spent the past month coloring up, I guess it's time to grow!

Comment

Confirming ID of Sarmentosa

I have always wondered what this is and some others have suggested it is a Sarmentosa. Is this correct?

Comment

How high up and in what flow do you have these?.

Thanks
                Mo

Comment

I have it sitting in the bottom of the upper half of the tank. 400W 10K lighting. Photo taken with a Nikon D2x in a Subal housing. Flow is moderate to high

Comment

Working...
                  X