Images from John Brachaeu

Latin name: Acropora yongei
    Discovered from / Year: Veron and Wallace, 1984
    Growth: fast grower
    Degree of difficulty: easy
    Lighting: medium (bulb)
    Current: low / medium

Reference: http://data.aims.gov.au/coralpages/h...20pages/81.htm

Members please post your experiences & pictures in this thread to this species.
    Last edited by G.Alexander; 07-07-2009, 04:23 AM.

I found this to be a hardy and quick growing coral
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

This is my Yongei,
      the growth for one year was stopped, i don't know what happened but at a certain time it decided it was the right moment to start to grow, now it's a fast grower.

Good reefing.
      -------------
      Gilberto

Comment

My so-called yongie doesnt look anything like that IK2VOV...I think there is some variation going on with so-called yongie's. I mean, some one gets in a green stag and they throw the name yongie on it...I think my yongie is actually a granoulousa...
        Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

Adam, i bought this time ago, they sold me as A.Yongei, it's too similar to the one in the Veron Book, you can see it also here, http://whelk.aims.gov.au/coralsearch...20pages/81.htm

But it's possible that mine is a different.... i'm not shure 100%.
          Good reefing.
          -------------
          Gilberto

Comment

Here's my colony.....

too bad i suck at pictures....

I got the colony from John Brancheau awhile ago and it's one of my favorites.

Nick
            275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Marshal,

Thats a nice coral!
              I search this species since 1 year.
              In germany they is very rar :-(....

reg.
              Ste
              Steffen

Comment

Pretty common around here. At least in central Cali. I'd send you a frag(for a cut of the money you would make of course ), but shipping to germany, I imagine would be quite outrageous.
                265 gallon SPS tank. Bubble King 300 Internal, MRC CR-6 Calc Reactor. 3 400 watt 20k Helios. 90 gallon Frag tank plumbed into main display.

Comment

Marshal,

Yes,i know.....
                  In the U.S. are much more rare sps as in germany.
                  Thats harm.

reg.
                  Ste
                  Steffen

Comment

There is only one way to live life. Take a deep breath and smile.

Comment

Working...
                    X