Latin name: Acropora Jacquelineae
    Discovered from / Year: Wallace, 1994
    Growth: medium grower
    Degree of difficulty: medium for advanced reefers
    Lighting: medium (bulb)
    Current: medium / strong
    Reproduction: fragmenting

Reference: http://data.aims.gov.au/coralpages/H...0pages/713.htm

Members please post your experiences & pictures in this thread to this species.
    Last edited by G.Alexander; 07-07-2009, 04:08 AM.

I got an aquacultured frag of this sometime in August, 2004. It was off of a captive colony that the LFS owner had. He had 3 large colonies of this coral, it grows AMAZINGLY fast in my tank, IME. Mine is bright/neon green with blue tips...I havn't seen anything like it.

It is starting to form the table, I can tell, from the branches it is starting to put out.
    The ones the LFS has are all perfectly flat tables, and they have long winding branches because the LFS's tank that is loaded with acroporas doesnt have that much flow. But the corals in the tank are extremely healthy.

I would say this is a easy to keep coral, if it is secone gereration. If it is directly from the wild, then I would say moderate care, but it can be really hardy.
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

Comment

This is mine.....

~ Art is an adventure into an unknown world, which can only be explored by those willing to take the risks. ~

Comment

Working...
        X