Identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identification

Anybody a idea what coral this could be ?

Aquacultured from Indonesia

Thanks,

G.Alexander

monti digi or elkhorn

Comment

Agree, Edward, the tips appear too narrow to be a Porities species, but, hell I'm not good at these--it's SPS for sure Bob
      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

I'm not sure if it is the same as imported from Fiji some time ago. I think this is a sps which is very hard to keep, also, the exception on the rule All of these I've seen (both Indonesian and Fiji) have died within a few months... VERY strange!

I'm not sure on the species, it might be Porites or Stylophora, but it also might be something else! It sure looks like Montipora digitata but I'm 99% sure it isn't!
        The Dutch forum
        My tank

Comment

It looks like digitata to me. There have been a number of aquacultured blue digitatas coming in, here in the States, lately.

http://www.reefermadness.us/RMD01180115.htm

Tom
          Current Tank: 75g sps restarted with ZEOvit August 2004, Aqua Connect 14K 250W SE MH x 2, SLS HQI ballasts, 54W blueplus T5s x 2, H&S A150 external (recirculating) skimmer, Tunze Stream 6060, 6000 with single controller, Geo Ca reactor, in-sump ZEOvit reactor from Madison, Aquacontroller

Comment

It's really hard to tell from that pics because of the pixillation. My first guess was stylophora.

Comment

Thanks guys !

Tom it is exactly the same coral as shown in the picture.

G.Alexander

Comment

Alexander,

How long have you had it? From what I have heard, people here have had a hard time keeping the blue color.

I am a little confused. People here call you Alexander, is that your given name or your family name?

Tom
                Current Tank: 75g sps restarted with ZEOvit August 2004, Aqua Connect 14K 250W SE MH x 2, SLS HQI ballasts, 54W blueplus T5s x 2, H&S A150 external (recirculating) skimmer, Tunze Stream 6060, 6000 with single controller, Geo Ca reactor, in-sump ZEOvit reactor from Madison, Aquacontroller

Comment

Anybody a idea what coral this could be ?
                  A blue one...
                  Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

ding ding ding we got a winner Johnny, tell Gary what he's won . Sorry Gary had to say that for some reason The Price is Right popped into my head after reading that last post of yours .
                    Take Care,
                    Chad

Comment

Tom, I only keep it since 3 weeks. It is placed directly under the bulb and until now it has not lost color. The people are right, my given name is Alexander

Gary, hmm, that is what my mother also told me

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by Chad W
                        ding ding ding we got a winner Johnny, tell Gary what he's won . Sorry Gary had to say that for some reason The Price is Right popped into my head after reading that last post of yours .
                        Take Care,
                        Chad
                        Well, that still doesn't prove he's not color-blind Bob
                        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Blue Monti Digita its new it seems people lately have been posting them on other sites
                          Nick
                          Nick
                          180G SPS Mainly
                          10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                          Calcium Reactor
                          3 Tunze 6105's
                          Profilux Controller
                          ATB Return w/ wavysea
                          ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

do you have any recen't pics of this Alexander. I'd love to see how it looks today

Comment

Madison, no drastic changes, just a little bit growth. Both pictures are from today.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                              X