Another id please guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another id please guys

Got these 2 today, they are on bottle tops.
    If the first photo is good enough could somebody put it in the sps id area for me if we get a positive. The second one has blue tips but couldnt get a decent photo!

Thanks
    JuppY

Last edited by juppy; 03-27-2005, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Juppy you said they were one bottle tops. Like plastic bottle caps smothered in concrete? I have recently aquired 2 species that were mounted the same way. Do you know the origen of yours?
      Dustin

"Water is the driving force of all nature"
      Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Hello mate,

Yeah plastic bottle tops with a concrete filled dome of plastic (looks almost metallic when filled with the concrete). All i know is that my lfs went to pick them up as soon as they came into the country. He said that 200 came into the uk he was the first there and picked the best 20 or so. At the time i couldnt take the real good ones (bit far from payday!) but i got these 2 a couple of days ago. He still has (what looks like!) a 6-7 inch purple monster looking one for £110. If it is still there in a couple of weeks i will get it. The original batch he got were the best sps i have seen but as said by the time i had the cash most had gone. Hopefully he will be getting another batch soon though. Have seen the bottle top ones on rc cant remember where they were from but am sure that they are the same ones.

any idea on species of these? Any photos of yours?

Kind regards
        Barry

Comment

I for get but i remeber readin about the bottlecaps it is a certain persons frags it was on RC i read about it
          Nick
          Nick
          180G SPS Mainly
          10 Bulb T5 Starfire
          Calcium Reactor
          3 Tunze 6105's
          Profilux Controller
          ATB Return w/ wavysea
          ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Hey Juppy, the second acro pictured in This Post is one that is on a bottle top rock.
            Dustin

"Water is the driving force of all nature"
            Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

the first kind of looks like maybe Granulosa becouse of the bulby shapped coralites. But then again i'm not real good at ID'ing
              Chad

Comment

Nice mate. My second one looks like the same sp but with thicker branches.

Are these loripes maybe??

Comment

It aint easy is it??!!

Comment

I guess both are Acropora loripes:

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=895

G.Alexander

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                      X