Red algae

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red algae

Recognize this algae and how to eliminate it. It is red I have had it for a long time but it does not go away, it does not bother the corals
    Attached Files

Have you already tried a sea urchin ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Not because I have a lot of corals in the rock and the hedgehog will not be able to pass through where the algae is ... That is the problem

Comment

Such algae are doing well even in a nutrient poor system so any kind of a herbivore in conjunction with regular removing them manually is IMO the only way to get rid of them. Not sure about the size of your system but a Naso tang might eat the algae. You can additional support this process by dosing CoralSnow regular but this alone will not fix the problem.

G.Alexander

Comment

I have 300 liters and a naso elegans that eats algae every now and then, I'll try adding coral snow if it helps. If I find a little hedgehog, it could be another solution. Thanks Alexander

Comment

The addition of CoralSnow will not fix the problem completely but it might be worth a try to slowly reduce them. Hope you are able to get rid of the algae soon but the good thing is that they do not bother the corals.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
            X