No announcement yet.

Cyano battle 9 months and going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is widely known that ulns is a primary factor for the cause of issues such as cyano

Comment

Well dosing PO4 / NO3 can be very problematic and personally I would not do it but my experience with cyanos is limited as I never had any issue with them. In most cases the reason is leaching substances from any kind of material (equipment, hoses, rocks, sand etc.).

Can you tell if the sand in the tank is live sand or was it any kind of dry material ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Sorry I know this is a fairly old post but just found it whilst browsing through. I'm new to the forum and far from an expert but something that does stand out in that tank photo - bright sunlight - and lots of it. I'm fairly sure that is the seasonal cause of cyano in my tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Psumms View Post
          Sorry I know this is a fairly old post but just found it whilst browsing through. I'm new to the forum and far from an expert but something that does stand out in that tank photo - bright sunlight - and lots of it. I'm fairly sure that is the seasonal cause of cyano in my tank.
          Welcome to ZeoVit.com !

G.Alexander

Comment

Over 2 years and zeo has failed me. Still cyano I cant get rid of it. I have tried everything and it continues to grow on the sand and rock. What is the solution at this point?

Comment

Have you already replaced the sand as suggested before ? Please also post some details about the kind of sand you have used, is it a dry material or was it some kind of live sand ?

What have you exactly tried to get rid of the cyanos in the past ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Try the daphbio protocol for cyano. I think that you should use half the suggested dose when dosed togheter with zeovit.
                daphbio protocol works perfectly. i've removed all cyanos in 5 days but i did a wrong protocol (i've not dosed the bacterias as suggested) and they reappeard.

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
                  Have you already replaced the sand as suggested before ? Please also post some details about the kind of sand you have used, is it a dry material or was it some kind of live sand ?

What have you exactly tried to get rid of the cyanos in the past ?

G.Alexander
                  I have used coral snow, coral snow plus, cyano clean, a balance. Ive done two chemi clean treatments and also used vibrant spread out over many months between each treatment. I have done the regiment doses recommended here for kz products. I manually remove also. No I have not removed/replaced the sand. Even the rocks grow cyano. The sand I started the tank with was Tropic Eden by Premium Aquatics, its a live aragonite https://premiumaquatics.com/products...sand-20lb.html

Comment

Originally posted by gandalf View Post
                    Try the daphbio protocol for cyano. I think that you should use half the suggested dose when dosed togheter with zeovit.
                    daphbio protocol works perfectly. i've removed all cyanos in 5 days but i did a wrong protocol (i've not dosed the bacterias as suggested) and they reappeard.
                    It seems like Daphibo did not work for you since cyano returned?

Comment

it worked, but my tank had a lot of other issues and i didn't follow the protocol strictly.

Comment

Working...
                      X