Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been following this regime but the sand continues to grow cyano

Comment

Weird you are having this issue since a long time this is really unusual. As you checked the RO water already I would rule out a issue with your RO unit. I do not have experience with the rocks you use so this could be another factor that the material does leach anything. A-Balance is the last thing you could try but I can not guaranty if it will really help as you have already not seen a progress with CyanoClean. A-Balance is a different product with different ingredients.

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
        Weird you are having this issue since a long time this is really unusual. As you checked the RO water already I would rule out a issue with your RO unit. I do not have experience with the rocks you use so this could be another factor that the material does leach anything. A-Balance is the last thing you could try but I can not guaranty if it will really help as you have already not seen a progress with CyanoClean. A-Balance is a different product with different ingredients.

G.Alexander
        I use A balance since almost the tank started 2 years ago. I notice when I dose it cyano goes away but regular dose is not very often. Initial dose is very high. Can I do initial dose again or can I over dose a balance?

Comment

So if you dose A-Balance cyanos will die off but grow back very quick ? If this is the case I would expect there is anything in your tank which does improve their growth constant. I would try 50% of the recommended initial dosage again to see if they do disappear.

G.Alexander

Comment

So if you dose A-Balance cyanos will die off but grow back very quick ? If this is the case I would expect there is anything in your tank which does improve their growth constant. I would try 50% of the recommended initial dosage again to see if they do disappear.

G.Alexander
            Yes correct upon dose it has effect but grows back quick. I will try 50% initial dose and see if that helps. Can I continue to dose higher qty of zeobak and cyano clean like you recommended? Do you have any experience with chemiclean?

Comment

You can continue to dose CyanoClean and ZeoBac as before, never used chemiclean so I can not give you a recommendation for it. Please make sure to not use it if it contains antibiotic or any kind of other substances which doe have a negative effect to the biology.

G.Alexander

Comment

You can continue to dose CyanoClean and ZeoBac as before, never used chemiclean so I can not give you a recommendation for it. Please make sure to not use it if it contains antibiotic or any kind of other substances which doe have a negative effect to the biology.

G.Alexander
                The cyano will not go away and continues to return on the sand bed and also my sps frags Stn. Any new sps do not survive. Is there any other options since cyano clean and coral snow do not work.

Comment

As you tell that corals do suffer also massive I would expect there are some additional issues to the cyanos, something which might have a positive effect to them or something which does leach a substance they need. Tis can be anything from technical equipment, hoses, pipes, rocks or sand, a algae magnet etc.

I would try to find the reason for them as even if you treat them they might come back again.

Which kind of rocks do you use, do you use any kind of hoses which are not silicone, please also check the pumps if any of the show signs of rust etc.

How do you prepare your RO water, do you use a purest filter resin as the last stage of your RO unit ?

Do you have any kind of additional filtration material in your system ?

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                  X