Cyano battle 9 months and going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyano battle 9 months and going

I’ve been battling cyano for way to long. Been using cyano clean with coral snow and a-balance. It’s not making any difference or helping. Po4 is 0 nitrate is 0. I’ve stopped all kz products months ago and currently only use flat worm stop, cyano clean and zeobak. Last week I also stopped zeostart. The cyano is mostly growing on the sand and a few places on the rocks. I manually remove but it keeps coming back. What do you suggest? I am thinking of red slime remover product but not sure.

Is the water in the reverse osmosis unit good? It is recommended to use resin material as the last channel of the filter to ensure the best. Additional BioMate doses can be tried. Poke and rub Zeo Carbon several times a day. What is the lighting time, try to reduce the 2hr lighting (white light). What is the model of skimmer and does it work well?

Try Zeo Bac, cyano treatment more: Zeo CoralSnow+Zeo Bac mixture (2ml: 1 drop, per 100 liters),Try x10 days

Comment

Originally posted by jacky View Post
      Is the water in the reverse osmosis unit good? It is recommended to use resin material as the last channel of the filter to ensure the best. Additional BioMate doses can be tried. Poke and rub Zeo Carbon several times a day. What is the lighting time, try to reduce the 2hr lighting (white light). What is the model of skimmer and does it work well?

Try Zeo Bac, cyano treatment more: Zeo CoralSnow+Zeo Bac mixture (2ml: 1 drop, per 100 liters),Try x10 days
      Rodi water is good zero tds with good filters and resin. Zeo Carbon is used in a reactor and exchanged every 30 days. Lights are t5/led hybrid with 12hr/on/off. Skimmer is royal exxlusiv and works great. Please explain again treatment you suggest I don’t understand your suggestion?

Comment

You can try to shorten the lighting time to 8~10hr. Cyano treatment, Zeo CoralSnow2ml+Zeo Bac1 drop mixture/100L, do x10 days. When the mixture is given, let us temporarily stop the skimmer for 2hr to make it stay longer. An extra dose of Zeo BioMate 2 drops/100 liters, every other day, try for 2 weeks while doing more siphoning on the sand. *Be sure to keep the skimmer's collection cup clean to make it more outlets

What is the current complete Zeo product dosing plan?
        Last edited by jacky; 08-10-2020, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Currently only dosing flatworm stop, cyano clean and bac. I stop zeostart few days ago

Comment

Can you please post a full tank shot and a picture of your sump ? Which kind of rocks and sand have you used in the system ?

G.Alexander

Comment

I would recommend that you gradually start to restore the Zeo Start dose, and also recommend to maintain the regular Zeo Basic 4. Compared to cyano, good biology/nutrition should not rise, it is more important

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	30C9E353-1ABF-4CBF-8EF8-7A67EFB758F8.jpeg
Views:	40
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	597254Click image for larger version

Name:	F18BAB87-602D-4CFD-91C7-28B253D8F254.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	3.57 MB
ID:	597253Click image for larger version

Name:	30C9E353-1ABF-4CBF-8EF8-7A67EFB758F8.jpeg
Views:	32
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	597252
                Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
                Can you please post a full tank shot and a picture of your sump ? Which kind of rocks and sand have you used in the system ?

G.Alexander
                I used tropic eden salt and pukani rock. Tank is approaching
                2yo in October. Pics attached

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jacky View Post
                  I would recommend that you gradually start to restore the Zeo Start dose, and also recommend to maintain the regular Zeo Basic 4. Compared to cyano, good biology/nutrition should not rise, it is more important
                  I don’t understand what you’re saying

Comment

Thank you for the pictures but I can not see anything unusual. Are the cyanos just on the sand or do they spread to the rocks also ? Have you already tried to vacuum the affected sand areas regular for some time while the weekly water changes ?

Hare the cyanos started to show up since you have running the tank ?

G.Alexander

Comment

I mean, I suggest you keep the dosage of Zeo Start products. If possible, feed the fish manually and try not to let the bait be scattered in the tank

Comment

Thank you for the pictures but I can not see anything unusual. Are the cyanos just on the sand or do they spread to the rocks also ? Have you already tried to vacuum the affected sand areas regular for some time while the weekly water changes ?

Hare the cyanos started to show up since you have running the tank ?

G.Alexander
                        If you click photo of tank you will see cyano on all corner and edges and also on rock. It’s also on back wall. It has started 9 months ago but tank is 2yo

Comment

Do you remember if you have added or changed any kind of equipment around the time the problem has started ? What are the white pads at the bottom of the sump on the left side ? Do you use any kind of sponge or filter floss ?

You might also try to play around with the setup of your LEDs, try to lower red temporary.

G.Alexander

Comment

Do you remember if you have added or changed any kind of equipment around the time the problem has started ? What are the white pads at the bottom of the sump on the left side ? Do you use any kind of sponge or filter floss ?

You might also try to play around with the setup of your LEDs, try to lower red temporary.

G.Alexander
                            I am not aware of anything changing to cause the cyano. The white pads are ceramic disc for glueing coral onto. I do not use any sponge or filter floss. My kessil Leds are always blue I don’t change color.

I will start Cora snow again and mix bac into this. Can I also mix cyano clean into this mixture? Why about a balance mixing into coral snow and how much a balance can I use and how often, can it be overdosed?

Comment

You can mix Bac and Clean together with CoralSnow.

As a treatment I recommend to dose as follows once daily for 2 weeks:

CoralSnow – 4 ml / 25 US gallons
                              ZeoBac – 2 drops / 25 US gallons
                              CyanoClean 2 drops / 25 US gallons

Additional you can dose A-Balance as recommended on the bottles label.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                              X