Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dinoflagellates?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dinoflagellates?

    The first photos are of a piece that is
    detached from the rocks, the others are microscope photos.
    Then there are these videos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIiCdJ0B2AA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkJcgyXTHt0
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Looks indeed like dinaflaggelate, do they disappear while the dark period growing back quick when the lights are switched on again ?

    G.Alexander

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
      Looks indeed like dinaflaggelate, do they disappear while the dark period growing back quick when the lights are switched on again ?

      G.Alexander
      Yes

      Comment


      • #4
        The silicates in the osmosis water are less than 0.1.
        I check every week that I take the water

        Comment


        • #5
          Than I would expect those are indeed Dinoflaggelate but if you like to be 100% sure microscope would be necessary. Are your corals doing fine and growing ?

          Many where successful by darken the tank for 3 days completely, it should also not get indirect light from the room s wrapping the display system with a black foil additional would be good.

          I had issue with them many years ago, in my case it was some kind of equipment which has leached any harmful substances, after removing it they disappear within 2 days and never came back. Dosing has had no impact to them.

          G.Alexander

          Comment


          • #6
            Here we are still in quarantine and we cannot leave the house. As soon as I can I look at them in a better microscope and I will take some pictures.
            I tried since yesterday afternoon with a 39w uv lamp but this morning I turned it off, one branch of the subseriata was bleached and that other sps had the polyps not very open.
            The tank is just over 600 liters.
            Thanks Alexander

            Comment


            • #7
              Take care, the Dinoflaggelate do leach toxins which can have a negative impact to corals. Hope you will get them under control soon.

              G.Alexander

              Comment


              • #8
                It really looks like dino. The health of corals does not look optimistic. Can there be pictures showing the current situation in the main display system? Before eliminating the dino, turning off the lighting and completely shielding the light from entering (main display system and sump) is the best method at present. Adjusting the flow rate of the zeolite reactor to 1/2 is also the best way to reduce the pressure on the coral. The parameter level is stable, if it is high, let it consume naturally, if it is low, it will remain stable slowly. This is the best way

                Comment


                • #9
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	595134Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	1.89 MB
ID:	595135Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	595136
                  Originally posted by jacky View Post
                  It really looks like dino. The health of corals does not look optimistic. Can there be pictures showing the current situation in the main display system? Before eliminating the dino, turning off the lighting and completely shielding the light from entering (main display system and sump) is the best method at present. Adjusting the flow rate of the zeolite reactor to 1/2 is also the best way to reduce the pressure on the coral. The parameter level is stable, if it is high, let it consume naturally, if it is low, it will remain stable slowly. This is the best way
                  Here are the photos, the corals are not bad, colors can be improved.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Very beautiful, I like it very much. I can't see the TN signs of coral as you described in the picture. You mentioned that polyps are not very open, and maybe trying to change the water several times to refresh the balance may be beneficial. What is the phosphate level?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by jacky View Post
                      Very beautiful, I like it very much. I can't see the TN signs of coral as you described in the picture. You mentioned that polyps are not very open, and maybe trying to change the water several times to refresh the balance may be beneficial. What is the phosphate level?
                      The microclados and the hoeksemai spolipano little, the subseriata from below has lost some fabric, all this happened after a day that I used the uv lamp. It wasn't like that the day before.
                      Now the lamp is staying on for about 12 hours instead of 24.
                      The po4 value is 0.02ppm and 0.2mg / l nitrates
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	3.00 MB
ID:	595139Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	3.22 MB
ID:	595140Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	3.22 MB
ID:	595141

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Here the microclados before using the uv lamp.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	595143

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I have no experience with UV, so I can't say anything. I think we can also discuss from other places, such as: whether the flow rate of the zeolite reactor is correct, the activated carbon (brand and use method), or whether the phosphate changes rapidly, these are the possibilities that may cause the peeling of coral tissue. The extra thought is: if it is determined to be caused by UV, then I will try to replace the water 10% to refresh the balance.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            In your country, the outbreak (COVID-19) seems to be quite serious. I hope this outbreak will pass as soon as possible, and I wish you good health. Wear a mask, wash your hands, and cheer.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Generally, under normal circumstances, it is not recommended to use UV together with zeolite, which may cause additional water chemistry changes. At the same time of administration, it is also recommended to temporarily turn off the UV lamp. (In the brackets, some of my ideas are to replace the water by 10% and add an additional 1 drop of Zeo Bac / 25 US gallons, and Zeo CoralSnow once, 1ml / 25 US gallons) In addition, during these days, pay attention to whether the nutrient levels fluctuate.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X