Oh Happy Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve,

Yeah thanks for rubbing this in you are almost done, I have to start this in 2 weeks, a gift to my wife for putting up with my s** you know the rest of that hehe.. Having a coral farm in the house sure makes the basement stick like you know what when curing live rock, she has never really said much to me out loud. So I am going to surprise her with this. Any suggestions?

Comment

Cabinets all in, counter and backsplash should be finished today. I'm hoping the plumber makes it today to plumb the sink, disposal and dishwasher, but more than likely Thursday.
      I'll bring in the range tonight and maybe even use it. Everything should be completed by weeks end except the floor which will be about a month from now. Having tile laid in the kitchen, dinning and entry area which was carpet (not the kitchen) before.
      Pricing on the tile from various placing was all over the place. From $2,100 including the tile to $3,200 plus tile. We had our bathrooms done a couple years ago and the job was just OK and not what I'd want again.
      We went with someone about in the middle and he had done a friends house last year. He must be good since he's booked a month ahead.

Only thing left we need to do is paint what little wall space is left uncovered and the ceiling.

I'm real tired of eating out, to go food and frozen food heated in the microwave.

SteveU
      “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
      ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Sounds like progress though dude.
        10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
        BK400ext
        RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
        MRC kalkmixer
        IKS

Comment

nice jacuzzi
          Nick
          Nick
          180G SPS Mainly
          10 Bulb T5 Starfire
          Calcium Reactor
          3 Tunze 6105's
          Profilux Controller
          ATB Return w/ wavysea
          ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Chuck... Time to celebrate. The sink, disposal and dishwasher are in! I brought the stove back in last night and reinstalled all the outlets and light switches. After all that and a kitchen ready to cook in I reheated my leftover to-go food from the night before.
            To top this off we head north to a car show/swap Friday AM for the weekend so it's a hotel and restaurant food for 4 more days.
            The bright side is 2 weekends off after this one. I'm glad as heck I've got my reef set to need very little time for maintenance or it would all be dead!

Nick... Thanks. I still need to crawl in the attic and splice into one of the dish connections to run to the screen on it. Right now it plays DVDs, CD and radio. I've been spending about 30-60 mins nightly in it and my back feels so much better in the am.

I love my 3 kids dearly but this really is a good time in our lives.
            SteveU
            “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
            ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

that is awesome if you dont mind how much did that bad boy set you back for w/ havin a tv built in ?
              Nick
              Nick
              180G SPS Mainly
              10 Bulb T5 Starfire
              Calcium Reactor
              3 Tunze 6105's
              Profilux Controller
              ATB Return w/ wavysea
              ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

To be honest I don't remember and think it best I already forgot. I think I could get 2-3 of them from Home Depot for about the same price. The TV/DVD/CD/Stereo option was in the range of $1,000. When Barbara and I first started looking at the options it was me that said this would be a must-have addition.

This is the manufacturer and model with the exception we have four total pumps for the jets.
                http://www.masterspas.com/sts.asp

SteveU
                ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

that is awesome looking
                  Nick
                  Nick
                  180G SPS Mainly
                  10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                  Calcium Reactor
                  3 Tunze 6105's
                  Profilux Controller
                  ATB Return w/ wavysea
                  ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Steve , I forgot about this thread and was wondering how your progress was going. Looks like everything is moving along nicely!!! That jacuzzi looks sweet!!! Just curious as to why don't you tile the kitchen yourself? Either pick up a tile saw - home depot carries one for about $100 (This is what I used) , or with some careful planning and measuring, have home depot cut the tiles for you. Not sure on the size of your kitchen, but it should take about a day to lay the tile, then another day to grout.
                    --Matt

Comment

GTR - For your own safety, I think it's ideal the next time you have young ladies over to play in the jacuzzi, I should attend. For safety reasons...

I'm proficient in mouth-to-mouth, very good at it.

Awesome setup though!

Comment

Matt...
                        Barbara is the "Contractor" on the remodel job and she picks all the "subs". When things don't turn out just right I don't want to be in the middle of it... trust me.
                        Tile is going in the kitchen, dining room and entry way and will be set on a diagonal. I have no doubt I could get it done at some point but I work most weekends at car shows/swaps... plus mon-fri at the shop. Tiling is not what I want to spend my free time doing.

Sean... I can handle it as long as I take my meds first. Kind of you to offer though.

SteveU
                        SteveU
                        ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Yeah, you don't want to piss off the Contractor - don't blame you one bit!!!
                          --Matt

Comment

Moving right along. I have a lot of small things that I need to do this weekend.

SteveU
                            ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

came out w\awesome bro when u comin to ny to do mine
                              Nick
                              Nick
                              180G SPS Mainly
                              10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                              Calcium Reactor
                              3 Tunze 6105's
                              Profilux Controller
                              ATB Return w/ wavysea
                              ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Nick... Thanks
                                Sorry my contractor is "Not for Hire".

Man the swag lamps gotta go.

SteveU
                                ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Working...
                                X