Oh Happy Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Happy Days

A happy scene from this past Christmas 2004 in our kitchen...

Barbara wondering where the heck our next meal will come from, February 16, 2005.

Three weeks without a kitchen sink... eating at restaurants and fast food is really gonna suck.

SteveU
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Thats alright Steve, time to update away from the 70's flourecents anyways.. My p's did that to their house about 5 yrs ago too...

Comment

Steve, i see a lot of room for grow out tank's, strait ahead in that corner, would be a nice place for a L tank,

Comment

3 weeks--kinda optimistic isn't that? Are you doing a full remodel or just refacing and new sink/appliances?
        10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
        BK400ext
        RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
        MRC kalkmixer
        IKS

Comment

Jeff... Those lights are the only thing staying in the room. I may change the frame, but I'm not a fan of spot light type lighting. I need a lot of light so I don't chop off my fingers. We're adding a couple spots over the sink and under cabinet lighting.

Heinz... No tanks left at the house, everything has been moved to my shop. I still have the 175 Starfire that I think I'm going to sell. Never used, still on the pallet and wrapped up. The last time at the LFS I got a quote for a 75g to be used for a FW planted tank. I think that's what I'll keep at home. Nice and quite and no screaming lights in the living room.

Chuck...All new cabinets, appliances and some type of tile floor which will also go into the dinning and entry area of the house. They removed the old cabs yesterday and 3/4 of those will go in my garage. They will be finished setting the cabs Friday and stain them in place Mon-Tues. Monday the counter top contractor will measure for Cesarstone and that will take about another week. Electrician comes Friday and the plumber is on hold waiting for the counter top to be installed.

I'm not doing any of this myself. I learned long ago it's cheaper that way.

I hope I can post a pic Friday of the cabinets in place, otherwise the schedule will just fall apart.

SteveU
          “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
          ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

I feel your pain - and stomach ache...

Here are some of my kitchen - just finished a complete gut job on the first two floors. Built the cabinets myself - still have one more to do above the fridge, but you can't see it from the pics. Also laid all the tile, and did all the plumbing.

before:

during:

after:

--Matt

Comment

Matt...
              Looks good.
              My Bob Villa days are over though. This rubberman sells rubber.

Crazy thing... when I got home last night and all the cabinets were removed, the dang kitchen looked smaller. That makes no sense to me.

SteveU
              ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Thanks - yeah I am definitely burned out. I think it will be next year before we tackle the basement

yeah that is wierd about the kitchen looking smaller - I thought my just looked more gross with all the dirt and grease...
                --Matt

Comment

Good luck Steve. Anything that extensive gives me the heebee jeebees. I've had sooo many bad/flaky contractors/handymen etc... And anything I do...well, I'm much better at my real job, leave it at that.
                  10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                  BK400ext
                  MRC kalkmixer
                  IKS

Comment

Chuck... I go to fix a drip and cause a flood.
                    The worst part is hearing "Honey, I think it's still leaking".
                    SteveU
                    ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

last time I did that I did something funny to the handle so it spins round and round....
                      10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                      BK400ext
                      MRC kalkmixer
                      IKS

Comment

Small set back #1...
                        Corner cabinet was made wrong. It's the cornerstone of the L shaped side so all work has ceased. Installation must start from there.
                        So far I'm...

Steve
                        ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Back on schedule and time for dinner?

Then a little relaxation.

SteveU

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting
                          ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Nice!
                            10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                            BK400ext
                            MRC kalkmixer
                            IKS

Comment

Very relaxing, which one is you? Bob
                              "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Working...
                              X