whooo hoooo.. Red Dragon 12m3's have entered the building :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whooo hoooo.. Red Dragon 12m3's have entered the building :D

Well they are here and OMG do they move a ton of water and are DEAD silent!!!! Pics to follow soon

Just wait until you actually check your electric bill after running them for a month, it might give you wood..............
    IF IT IS WORTH DOING, TAKE YOUR TIME AND DO IT RIGHT..........

Comment

Originally posted by John Brancheau
      Just wait until you actually check your electric bill after running them for a month, it might give you wood..............
      whats that lol..

Man this is going to rock, every pump is a RD on my system.

BK 400 Internal
      2 x 12m3's whooo hooo..

Comment

And people said I wasted too much money on my toys...........

Comment

here are some pics

Dont laugh, I have had a rough week with 4 sequences taking a dump on me.

I am much happier now .

Next to a 20oz coke... Not to bad for a 3000+ GPH pump

Comment

WAY SWEET.......

Ya know, I think Klaus is on to something.........

Comment

Originally posted by John Brancheau
              And people said I wasted too much money on my toys...........
              well this week I ordered or got in the mail.

2 x 12m3 red dragons
              1 BK 400 internal
              1 aquatronica with everything

2 Luminarc hoods.
              dual 250 ballasts
              bulbs.

3 darts and 1 baracuda

Comment

Thats gonna be a way sweet setup, can't wait to see pix. I get my Aquatronica tomorrow I think. What's your tank size? I'll be running 2 Lumenarc also over a 5x2x2 and am REALLY struggling with 250 or 400. I go back and forth every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Miguelito
                  Thats gonna be a way sweet setup, can't wait to see pix. I get my Aquatronica tomorrow I think. What's your tank size? I'll be running 2 Lumenarc also over a 5x2x2 and am REALLY struggling with 250 or 400. I go back and forth every day.
                  600+ gallons. Coral farm though .. hehe..

250's for me I am only 22" deep, and then after I add the egg crate it will be around 19" or so..

Comment

Scott, i see you are working hard to get your set up running, can you return those darts ? or do you have to keep them ?
                    btw, why is this thread in the lounge, it should be in the pump forum

Comment

Wow~~~ Great Setup!!!!!
                      :pat:

www.spsholic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz
                        Scott, i see you are working hard to get your set up running, can you return those darts ? or do you have to keep them ?
                        btw, why is this thread in the lounge, it should be in the pump forum
                        Heinz-e I am going to send them back to MDM and they are going to swap me out with new ones, then I am going to sell them (I hope)

Comment

Originally posted by 7thheaven
                          Wow~~~ Great Setup!!!!!
                          :pat:
                          Thank you

Comment

hey looks good. IMO they move more water than advertised, but they also consume more electricity than advertised--or at least on a kill a watt they do. In my setup the RD 12 is using 160w (honestly however less than what a SEQ 12 draws and it's definitely pushing more water). They are certainly however dead silent and even used submerged don't seem to shed much heat. It's weird.

I'm sure they move more water than the numbers on the captiveoceans site. Using the same plumbing setup, the RD 12 moved more water than a 4200SEQ12.
                            10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                            BK400ext
                            RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
                            MRC kalkmixer
                            IKS

Comment

Originally posted by moonpod
                              hey looks good. IMO they move more water than advertised, but they also consume more electricity than advertised--or at least on a kill a watt they do. In my setup the RD 12 is using 160w (honestly however less than what a SEQ 12 draws and it's definitely pushing more water). They are certainly however dead silent and even used submerged don't seem to shed much heat. It's weird.

I'm sure they move more water than the numbers on the captiveoceans site. Using the same plumbing setup, the RD 12 moved more water than a 4200SEQ12.
                              Hmmm.. where can I get a Kill-A-Watt at? I want to see what I get.

Yeah they move a ton of water, WAY more then my dart thats still hooked up until tomorrow.. Its so loud and squeeky.. I want to bash it with a hammer, but its still a $200 pump.. So back to MDM it goes and Chris there is going to take care of me.

Comment

Working...
                              X