• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUESS WHAT?!?!??!??!

I got engaged this past weekend!!!!!

check out the pictures:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePh...1&sort_order=0
    --Matt

Congratulations Matt & Dana. Great pics of a time you will always remember. Your fiance makes you a beautiful couple.

SteveU
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Great pics!! So did she ask you or did you ask her?

Comment

Great! You're going to need even more beer so I can properly celebrate for you!

Comment

Congrats!!! hopefully she is well acclimated to the demands (time and money) of being a reefaholic. It took my wife some time to get over the initial "shock". Ocassionally she still has convulsions when she sees the credit card bill.

Ted

Comment

Matt, congrats. Great pictures too, it looks like you both had a great time... Def going to have to hook up and party sometime... Nothing better then a good beer and a nice Cohiba..

Comment

yeah we had a great weekend. I proposed to Dana at the first vineyard we went to, which was also our first real date. We have known each other for 6 years now, but things never really worked out until about 2 years ago and we started dating.

Fortunately for me, she is well aware of the cost of this hobby and in fact has a piece of the reef of her own - remember she has the seahorse tank.

Her family, friends and even my friends have been giving me a hard time about proposing to her. I thought for sure she knew it was coming - we were going to the perfect spot, 2 year anniversary, however, she had no idea.

She didn't know that I had already gotten a ring or gone up to Philly to ask for her grandfather's/mother's/aunt's blessing. AHAHHAHAHA she couldn't believe I went to Philly with out her that and that her family kept the secret for so long.

Jeff - beer and Choiba - now you're talking - let me know when and where!
              --Matt

Comment

congrats and good luck on a wonderful future together.
                10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                BK400ext
                RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
                MRC kalkmixer
                IKS

Comment

Congrats bro, you have made the same mistake as most of us here..
                  wishing you the best for your future together and may you have lots of LE frags
                  Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Originally posted by tonkadawg
                    I got engaged this past weekend!!!!!

check out the pictures:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/BrowsePh...1&sort_order=0
                    Congrats bro , its a lot of fun, its a lot of Not fun, but in the end the good out weighs the bad! I recommend living together first before you get married, if not already, it will help out a lot. You can work out the things you hate about each other lol. Like me, I enjoy putting my clothes on the floor where ever I take them off, she hates it, while she enjoys leaving EVERYTHING in the sink after she gets ready in the am, so I have to move it all just to brush my teeth.. Things like that use to bug us, not now, I just move it, and she does the same.

Aug 12th is my 5 year wedding anniversary, so it goes fast bro, so enjoy every min of it! Just wait until you have kids, that is when it gets even more fun! Just get your sleep now lol.

Again, best of luck my friend and enjoy each other.

Comment

Thanks guys! This will be my second marriage - don't ask about the first. All I can say is that Dana is the complete opposite of my ex - in every way!!!!
                      --Matt

Comment

Originally posted by tonkadawg
                        Thanks guys! This will be my second marriage - don't ask about the first. All I can say is that Dana is the complete opposite of my ex - in every way!!!!
                        haha this time its a Girl well live you learn huh..

Post some more pics of this trip.. we need to see more of what she looks like, we dont care about you!

Comment

I guess I asked for that... LOL

here are a few more - my 'good' ones are not going to be posted for your view pleasure - besides I don't think they would be quite appropriate

--Matt

Comment

they arent working.. is this your first time?

Comment

hmmmm.... They are in ofoto and are shared... Let me see if I can put them some place else - unless someone wants to host them for me?
                              --Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X