I need to compare two text docs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to compare two text docs...

Anyone know any software that will do this for me, I don't want to write my mine as I can waste my time else where.

Any input would work.

Thanks!

can you rephrase the question? Its not clicking

Comment

I have document A and B, they are SIMILAR, but there are some differences, I need to figure them out. I want a program that scans both and tells me "line 5, 6, 32, 124" are different.

I know they have them, I used one years ago, but right now I can't find it.

I'm trying to get to ini files to be identicial without accidently copying over information that needs to be there.

Comment

http://www.qunom.com/tools_ic.htm
        “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
        ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

fc /?

Comment

huh?

Comment

fc is a command line utility for comparing text files, one of those tools that dates back to the DOS days (I feel old).. if you're on a windows machine start a command prompt (start->run->cmd) and type fc /? for a list of options.

Comment

That's what I thought you were referring to, but that's not nearly as easy as clicking buttons

Thanks though

Comment

oh, you young kids and your fancy graphical interfaces.... lol you mentioned INI files so I though you were doing some old school stuff..

shouldn't all your settings be stored in the registry..

Comment

Working...
                  X