My computer Hobby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My computer Hobby!

Well here is the latest Monster I have created. Its a Water-Cooled beast with more power then a Dodge Viper hehe.. ok maybe not a viper but as far as computers, it doesnt get any faster then this!

Here are just a few pics, I will post more if you like, I have a ton of them. I just finished her this Saturday.

Stock ATI X850 XT Platium Edition BadA** video card

GPU waterblock

Installed

ABIT AN8 Fatal1ty Motherboard. Doenst get any better then this Mobo.

w/stock cooling to post board.

CPU Waterblock

Getting ready for the waterblock

Installed

setting her in her new home

Installing the new Antec NEO power 480 watts of pure power PowerSupply

Comment

Here are some random shots with the new stuff in it.

Specs:
      Dual 500GB SATA Hard Drives Running RAID
      Single 400GB hard drive for storage

DVD Rom
      Dual Layer DVD +- R R/w

1GB of matched Corsair PC3200 DDR500 with TIGHT timings 2.2.2.6 has LEDs layout.

ABIT AN8 Fatal1ty Mobo
      ATI X850XT PE
      AMD FX55 CPU (nothing better out there, period)

The case is a custom Acrylic case with built in water reservoir, No other case out there has this. It is UV Reactive Blue with 2 cold cathode UV reactive blue tubes.

Comment

Damn..........

Comment

yeah no kidding -

Scott - where did you get those cool looking pieces? I am building a smaller (much smaller than that monster) pc for my Tahoe. I planning on building a clear case, but wanted all the bling bling versus the plain ordinary stuff.
          --Matt

Comment

Originally posted by tonkadawg
            yeah no kidding -

Scott - where did you get those cool looking pieces? I am building a smaller (much smaller than that monster) pc for my Tahoe. I planning on building a clear case, but wanted all the bling bling versus the plain ordinary stuff.
            Matt,

That is an old ancient chinese secret <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@[email protected]@5xe" filled="f" stroked="f"> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> <v:formulas> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </v:formulas> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="" style='width:40.5pt; height:12pt'> <v:imagedata src="file:///COCUME~1ScottLOCALS~1Tempmsohtml1\01clip_image001.gif" o:href="http://www.zeovit.com/forums/images/smilies/uzi.gif"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->.

What are you looking for? Case or parts for the case?

As far as the ATI I am a beta tester for them, so I get stuff that is not out on the market yet or in this case will never be. The video card is 512mb they only sell the 256 version. When you win a lot of Gaming Tournaments you get to do cool stuff like this .. The 256mb versions are on sale and go for $600-700 they are PCI-e cards.

Let me know what you want and I will see if I can help you out .

Comment

AHHAHAHAH - I remember those ring around the collar commercials!!!

like I said, this will be really scaled down -

here is the mother board -
              http://www.cappuccinopc.com/miniitx-epia-m.asp

Throw in some Ram, I just picked up a power supply, a DVD drive, GPS and a HD. Already have a 10.4" touch monitor on the way. I will building the case. I was just more curious about adding all the flashy stuff - a fan the lights up, or anything else that looks flashy like that? I will probably be polishing the power supply. Was thinking of adding some lights or something like that behind the acrylic so it looks like it glows..

Something like this:

--Matt

Comment

well he has an Ultra power supply 500watt to be exact. I have that as a backup. That fan is an CoolerMaster from the way it looks. i can get those locally if you like. I can get them in 120mm 80mm that is an 80mm blue with Green glow fromt he looks of it. The fans on the HD look like 80mm el-chepo's.

As far as the case goes, this was custom built for me from a guy in NC. I paid $555.00 for it. Not sure if you want to go that extreme or not. I can ask around, I have a good friend that builds tanks up in Indy. Give me some specs and I will have him shoot me a quote for it. Wont be NEAR what I paid

Comment

p.s. that is not too smart to have the mobo above the subs

Comment

pps. I can also get the 12v cold cathode tubes locally also for the glow you want

Comment

ok cool - I plan on building a custom case that will fit in my glove box - using both fiberglass and acrylic. Need to check to make sure there is plenty of flow first. My power supply is a 150 w Opus - should be plenty for all I plan on doing. I'll check with you before looking for those parts.
                      --Matt

Comment

just let me know bro .

Comment

ok cool - I was also thinking of making some bends in acrylic rods and then hooking up leds at the end to make that glow. Although those 12v tubes might be a better idea - I can tie those into the glove box light - so when the glove box is opened, the tubes will light up...
                          --Matt

Comment

go with the cold cathode tubes they are done already

Comment

wow, that's a nice looking sump you put your computer in Scott very nice..

what sort of temps to you get on the CPU and GPU with the water cooling ? and do you run any glycol or anything else in the water ?

I'm looking to build a new machine soon, do you know where I can get a dual Opteron motherboard ?

Tonka... what sort of software do you run on the PC in you car ? I like the idea of putting a PC in cars but I was wondering what it's function is ? is it just used for playing media and GPS nav ?

thanks,
                              rich.

Comment

Working...
                              X