Go Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go Dodgers

For all you L.A. zeoviters can you believe it?????
    10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
    BK400ext
    RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
    MRC kalkmixer
    IKS

Chuck... sshhhh!

I said to my wife I think I'd rather they not win every game like this. It seems in the past that anytime they have a long winning streak not long after that will be followed with TWO long losing streaks.
    I'll have to admit after the team was dismantled in the off season that I gave them no chance of finishing anywhere near first.
    Since they removed the player names from the jerseys I have no idea who any of them are during the game. I think management is trying to return to the days when everyone knew every player's number. Heck, if I listen to the game on the radio, the only way I'd know which team was batting is by remembering the names of the players on the other team.

SteveU
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

The Dodgers have the best record in baseball, and the Yankees are tied for worst record in the AL with the likes of Tampa Bay and KC. Who woulda thunk it?

The Astros are just trying to keep their heads above water until Berkman makes it back, but overall they're not playing too bad. They've lost a lot of 1 run games - games where Berkman's bat could have made all the difference. At least the pitching has been excellent, even from the bullpen.

I'm glad to see Kent is doing well in LA. I really hate that we lost him, but the union rules made him too expensive for us to keep. Same deal with Wade Miller - in both cases, other teams were able to pick up good players for a fraction of what it would have cost us to keep them.

Comment

I'm just LMAO about Kent whenever they play SF. He and Bonds just butted heads.

I'd not worry about the Yankees though, last year for them was just about the same. I thought it funny that after Steinbrenner chewed them out Sunday that Monday they scored a gazillion runs. I'd take 100-1 odds that they are in the playoffs, not that they'll win it all though. For that I'd need heavy odds in my favor. In a 5 and 7 game series it's anybodys game.

SteveU
        “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
        ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Go tigers!...

haha... jk...

baseball is about as fun to watch as 2 women spending my money at the mall!

I like it later in the season when games mean a lot more then now. . I hate the Yankees, but enjoy watching the man pitch for them.. aka Randy!

My fav team is the Chokers! aka The Braves. Its time for Cox to retire out to Pasture.. He is about as fun to watch manage as the two women spending my money at the mall.. He will soon be rolling around in one of those HUV-Arounds. You know the commercial with the old farts that have to use those carts to go anywhere..

I just hate the juicers, what a waste of good talent. <st1:state w:st="on"><st1 ="">Berry</st1> s</st1:state>hould just come clean, get it out there, he knows he used it. I really hate watching him play, I love how the coverage of him has gone to nothing on ESPN. Only time they talk about him is when they are talking about JUICE. Too bad he is going to break Aarons record hate to see a cheater break the record!

Comment

Hey, hey, no doubt about it, the CUBS are on their wayBob
            "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

The steroid thing has got the whole league upside down
              Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Chuck, I didn't know you were a Dodgers fan. I guess we finally have a team in common

Comment

LETS GO GIANTS!!!

Ya, Ya, I live in NORCAL and I am going to see the Giants play the Brewers on Friday.

The Dodgers smell funny!
                  You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

Comment

Steve, I couldn't name more than 4 players on this team. I will openly admit the offseason was very, very strange to me, but this kid GM may actually be on to something! Suddenly, I'm thinking, if Brad Penny comes back....

Madison, I grew up on Garvey, Lopes, Russel and Cey. Fernando was THE MAN!

Brad....don't be a hater

Bob, the cubs?!?!?!? Are you some sort of masochist?
                    10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                    BK400ext
                    RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
                    MRC kalkmixer
                    IKS

Comment

Originally posted by moonpod
                      Bob, the cubs?!?!?!? Are you some sort of masochist?
                      I love the Cubs! I especially love how they fell apart the last week of the season and handed the Wild Card to the Astros.

Comment

you can't name 4 players.......

Jeff Weaver, Brad Penny, Low, Izturis, Valentine, J.D. Drew, He Sop Choy, Jason Phillips, Jeff Kent, Eric Gagne.......

However, they are sucking it up tonight against the Padres. I guess this streak had to come to an end sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by mikester
                          I love the Cubs! I especially love how they fell apart the last week of the season and handed the Wild Card to the Astros.
                          Mike, as a unabashed CUBS's fan, one doesn't even blink a eye--some things never change Bob
                          "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Originally posted by Aged Salt
                            Mike, as a unabashed CUBS's fan, one doesn't even blink a eye--some things never change Bob
                            As a long-suffering Houston sports fan, I can sympathize.

Comment

Working...
                            X