Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a crappy week! If you are board take a read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a crappy week! If you are board take a read!

My fun week.. Can it get any worse? (I know it could be worse but it still sucks)

Sunday: I wake up early to go play 18 holes with some buddies. Tee-time is at 10. Well Mike doesn’t get there until 10:47 so now I can only play 9 holes. I have softball practice at 3 so I wanted to go home rest for a few minutes before practice.

Towards the end of the round, I notice I have a really dry mouth, I figured it was from walking; NOPE I GET A MAJOR Throat Infection. Super, just super!!!!

Practice ends, go home hang out with the family, daughter goes to bed early, so we do as well.

MONDAY: Wake up to have my breakfast of champions "Fruity Pebbles" and bite down and BREAK MY TOOTH. Not just any tooth, the one I just had a $950 route canal on 2 months ago. SUPER, just SUPER. And it broke all the way down to the gum line. JUST GREAT! @$#%&*@$% were the words that came to my mind. So now not only does my throat feel like sandpaper was rubbed on it all night, now I have a broken tooth.. So I call the Dentist (I would rather have rocks thrown at my head then call a Dr.) and wouldn’t you know it, I’m sorry Scott the earliest we can get you in is MAY 9TH. I said this is an emergency, she said I know that’s why I got you in on the 9<sup>th</sup> ... So now I can’t eat, which is one of my most favorite things to do until MAY 9<sup>TH</sup>, every time I bite down it cuts my tong, b/c there is a piece that as sharp as a piece of GLASS. Just great.....So now this tooth has cost me the original $950 plus $175 to extract it on MAY 9th, plus $280 to put my big ass to sleep (like I said I would rather have rocks thrown at my head then visit a doctor) I gag like a 1 year old on a cheerios. So unless the Doctor wants to put up with me gagging every 10 seconds going NIGHT NIGHT is the only way this is going to happen. I was good for the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Route</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Canal</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>, but no way will I be good when some Doctor is YANKING A TOOTH OUT.

<o:p> </o:p>

Just though I would let you know about my WONDERFUL week thus far. I hope it gets better, any worse and I may just not get out of bed!

Baby hehehe....

Comment

Wow Scott you are really having a bad week. Sorry to hear your having tough times. If you were a patient of ours we would have gotten you in the same day. Or within a day or 2.
      We always recommend crowning the tooth the tooth that has had a RCT. Shame it has to be pulled now. I'm sure they will take good care of you.

Comment

Yea I had a root canal 14 yrs ago.. Still going strong thank god.. Tooth got broke in half in a football game in HS..

Comment

Originally posted by gqjeff
          Baby hehehe....
          your not nice Jeff. I will remember this.!

Originally posted by Znut Reefer
          Wow Scott you are really having a bad week. Sorry to hear your having tough times. If you were a patient of ours we would have gotten you in the same day. Or within a day or 2.
          We always recommend crowning the tooth the tooth that has had a RCT. Shame it has to be pulled now. I'm sure they will take good care of you.
          Yeah they were supposed to get me in for the Crown 3 weeks ago, my dentist decided to go on vacation and cancel on me where are you at? can I come in now hehe..

Comment

I would have a hard time paying for this if he cancealed an appointment on you for the crown.. I have a gold crown on mine and they did that like 3-4 weeks after I had the root canal.. If I can rem correctly...

Comment

p.s. What all is involved now with getting a new tooth to replace this one. Its number 18 I believe. it goes Wisdom/good tooth/bad tooth bottom left side. my left that is.

How serious is this goign to be to get a replacement tooth? what do they have to do? what is typically the cost of this. I dont want a hole in my mouth. although it would make it easier to floss lol

Comment

Scott if the tooth is not broken too bad it can be saved. If it is broken too bad it has to be pulled. If it is tooth #18. The only way to replace it is to have an implant done. It will cost close to 3 grand total. Implant and then crown.

We are located in Statesboro Ga. And we don't usually take new patients anymore. But if you're willing to make the trip. I'd get a fellow zeo friend in.

Comment

Scott if the tooth is not broken too bad it can be saved. If it is broken too bad it has to be pulled. If it is tooth #18. The only way to replace it is to have an implant done. It will cost close to 3 grand total. Implant and then crown.

We are located in Statesboro Ga. And we don't usually take new patients anymore. But if you're willing to make the trip. I'd get a fellow zeo friend in.
                  OMG 3k ....

What all is involved with an Implant? that doesnt sound like fun I think I might just have to have a tooth missing

Comment

Hey Scott, nice avatar; are you the one standing? Bob
                    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

It's not as bad as it sounds. Just the $$$ part.
                      They put a steel rod down in the bone and let it heal for 6 weeks and then they make a crown for it. It's like you never had the tooth pulled. It really isn't so bad. If you have money to burn. It's one of the greatest break throughs. And you don't have a missing tooth any more. Or the only other choice is to have a missing tooth.

Comment

Or you can always start selling lots of frags.

Comment

It's not as bad as it sounds. Just the $$$ part.
                          They put a steel rod down in the bone and let it heal for 6 weeks and then they make a crown for it. It's like you never had the tooth pulled. It really isn't so bad. If you have money to burn. It's one of the greatest break throughs. And you don't have a missing tooth any more. Or the only other choice is to have a missing tooth.

What part of DRILLING A STEELE ROD PART DOESNT SOUND BAD?

so i will have a steel post in my mouth for 6 weeks without anything over it? OMG this is getting worse and worse... Not sure if you read my first post lol, but I would rather have rocks thrown at my HEAD.

Ok, so let me get this straight. After he pulls my tooth, it has to heal. Heal= Skin growing over the bone.

A Steel POST HAS TO BE DRILLED INTO MY BONE? ok where and how does he get to the bone? I mean the skin will have grown over it.

ok now I am honestly sweating.

p.s. Does Insurance cover this type of thing?.

Comment

A Steel POST HAS TO BE DRILLED INTO MY BONE? ok where and how does he get to the bone? I mean the skin will have grown over it
                            Sledge hammer.

Scott... I always really hated the dentist and not the bill. I found a new dentist and now I don't mind going but I hate the bill.

SteveU
                            “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
                            ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

gee thanks Steve. Really funny, ha ha.

I dont mind the bill, that is why I am paying an extra $280 to be put to sleep

Comment

Working...
                              X