Where can I get this coral???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get this coral???

OK, there is but only one place left in my reef tank for a coral (acro ofcourse). And there is one coral that I have always admired...wanted..badly.

Here it is: Acropora cuneata. I have seen it for sale at RM a few times, and have seen it in person only once.(And I cant beleive I saw it in person, it was in a LFS's show tank...a DSB)

Anyhow, I want one of these, because I think they are plain cool. I dont know why, the "Plating" type branches they have...the pink rim's on the growing tips....

SO, where, can I request one of these and get the actual thing, not a coral they(the store) say it is and it really isnt?

RM? some other place? RM is the only place I have ever seen them for sale.
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

why is this in the lounge?

Nick
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

I am not quite sure...
      Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

I knew a remembered this coral for some reason.
        The second toxicity assay was done by determining ichthyotoxicity to the mosquitofish, Gambusia affinis, by placing the fish in 70 ml of water with 500 mg/l concentrations of the extracts. Only four species (Seriatopora hystrix, Acropora cuneata, Goniopora tenuidens, and Pavona decussata) were toxic to the mosquitofish. Signs of toxicity included hypoactivity, ataxia, and reduced visual response to stimuli.
        From...
        http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/nov2002/cw.htm

SteveU
        “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
        ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

SO, GTR, how does that tell me where I can find this one? :-)

Comment

Working...
          X