Customer Service rant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer Service rant.

So I've got this cracked skimmer that arrived cracked from the builder. I managed to duck tape it leak free for awhile and then I couldn't prevent the leak anymore. Anyways the builder offered to build me a new one at no cost, I told him I'd try and repair the crack. I tried 3 times with no success so I decided a new skimmer was the best bet. Now, it's been 2 weeks since he told me he'd have my new skimmer ready; no word yet. I've tried contacting him numerous times but recieved no word back.

This is the same guy I'm having build my cube, I even offered the suggesting that I just mail back the skimmer and he credit it towards my cube and I'll send the rest of the money + sum to cover any trouble to get my cube constructed and out my way. Still no word.

When do you draw the line between a busy company and bad customer service? I mean this guy used to reply to every single one of my emails and I as a small "business" owner know sometimes you get real busy, but I always try to get back to emails ASAP.

What do I do?

Customer service is all about setting and meeting expectations. He could have told you that it would take a month to get you a replacement. You would be disappointed that it would take so long but it is better than to tell you it would only take you a couple of weeks and then deliver in a month.

I think everyone understands that people are busy. Personally, I just ask that people communicate openly and honestly with me and I do the best I can to accommodate as well.

A

Comment

lol. Sorry Sean I had to do it
      Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

to me thats not how u run a bussines if i ran my old bussiness like that it would of died i had to get out of the bussiness to focus on my FDNY job but CS is very very very important to keep custumers and get new ones
        Nick
        Nick
        180G SPS Mainly
        10 Bulb T5 Starfire
        Calcium Reactor
        3 Tunze 6105's
        Profilux Controller
        ATB Return w/ wavysea
        ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

What I dont undedrstand is most buisnesses noadays rely on word of mouth to survive. With customer service like that you are almost gaurenteed to fail. When he gets back to you, he will say he has been busy, so what, thats not your problem. He entered a contract with you when you bought the product from him and he needs to deal with it---real life isnt Ebay you know---
          Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

I'd give him the benefit of the doubt (especially if he has not replied at all). You never know, he may have had some e-mail issues and doesn't even know it (happened to me...I didn't even know that there were messages sent and mine didn't arrive - without bounce back message or error message). Have you tried to call/fax him? JMO
            Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

I second what Gary said. I had an email problem one time a while back and I didnt get emails from a person and he was mad at me. There was nothing I could do .. Give him a ring bro.

Comment

Did u try weldon to fix the crack for the time being? If not I would that stuff is amazing for fixing acrylic problems.. My sump broke and with the advice from madison AKA OUinLA I was able to repair my sump and ad water 4 hrs later.... Also I would try and fax or call him...

Comment

Weldon is the strongest thing on the maarket kicks a$$

Nick
                  Nick
                  180G SPS Mainly
                  10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                  Calcium Reactor
                  3 Tunze 6105's
                  Profilux Controller
                  ATB Return w/ wavysea
                  ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Actually he told me he'd send me some and he did. However, the crack turned out to be much bigger then expected and I've tried weldon 3 times and water still gets through. I'd have to reseal the whole skimmer.

I need to find time to give him a call I guess. It's just frustrating, that's all.

Comment

Sean - I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you might be waiting awhile. This is from the MARSH board:

Originally posted by Cakepro
                      Fellow MARSHians,

Kevin Ngo has asked me to relay the following information to you all.

Kevin has accepted a position running a friend's restaurant in Orlando for the next three months. Kevin's friend is in way over his head with his new restaurant, and Kevin has extensive restaurant experience as he was a restaurant owner himself before opening his acrylic business. This will tremendously help bail his friend out of a bad situation. He regrets that he will be unable to take any orders at the present time, but he does have some merchandise in stock that he would like to sell. You may contact him via private message but please be patient in awaiting a response as he needs to get his new house in order. Kevin is leaving early Friday morning for his three-month stint in Orlando. He asks that you please be patient but he will get back to everyone who inquires about what items he has left for sale.

Kevin regrets having to leave his acrylic business for the present time, as well as MARSH and reefkeeping, but his friend truly needs him and this high-level management position in a large restaurant will enable him to further expand his acrylic business once he returns home to Houston.

~ Sherri
                      I feel bad, because I was one of the people singing his praises because of the quality work he does, but now he has kind of left everyone hanging.

Comment

That's a drag... for everyone involved.

SteveU
                        “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
                        ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

WOW thats sux
                          Nick
                          Nick
                          180G SPS Mainly
                          10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                          Calcium Reactor
                          3 Tunze 6105's
                          Profilux Controller
                          ATB Return w/ wavysea
                          ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

DAMN bad news.. Sean, what weldone did he send you.. I would get 16 or 40.. Thicker and easier to work with....

Comment

But if it's just cracked and not broke all the way through wouldn't you want something thin to seep into the crack?

SteveU
                              “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
                              ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Working...
                              X