X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skeletor
    replied
    Originally posted by Aquarist20
    How about a good ol Florida Spiny Lobster! Umm Umm Good! Boy I can taste it now. Season is coming soon! Deep fried Dolphin (not Flipper) lil garlic, some black beans and rice and a good fresh salad with vinegrete..... I cant wait till July/August!!
    never tried any florida lobster, one of these days I mean to get over there and catch a few of the little bugs tho..

shark is good too.. (eat them before they eat you :devil2: )

rich

Leave a comment:

• Aquatic Image
    replied
    Dont let a Manatee buff see that! You might lose an eye

Leave a comment:

• Orion76
    replied
    Dustin, I really like my dolphin with a side of manatee

Leave a comment:

• Orion76
    replied
    Originally posted by GTR
    What's Salmon Shioyaki?
    It's a Japanese dish, salmon steak grilled with rock salt.

Mods, please remove the sentence where it says "the bones turn to mush" it's making me nauseaus

Leave a comment:

• Aquatic Image
    replied
    How about a good ol Florida Spiny Lobster! Umm Umm Good! Boy I can taste it now. Season is coming soon! Deep fried Dolphin (not Flipper) lil garlic, some black beans and rice and a good fresh salad with vinegrete..... I cant wait till July/August!!

Leave a comment:

• skeletor
    replied
    wahoo is real nice.. I used to spearfish a bit so I've tried a lot of different fish, I really hate any fish that has a fishy smell.. used to catch a lot of leatherjackets back home, I think they are basically a tang.. very nice eating too.. (don't report me to the tang police)

my fave would have to be an invert... the southern rock lobster :-)) hmmmm. largest I ever caught was 13lb (near Robe, South Australia)..

whatever fish it is tho it always just seems to taste better when you've killed it with your bare hands that day :-) (except for shellfish of any kind since they make me yak.)

Leave a comment:

• OUinLA
    replied
    Crappie or Sand Bass (I know not SW) with a little "Shake n Bake" grilled on a camp fire.

Leave a comment:

• GTR
    replied
    The problem I have with salmon may be two fold.

First as a kid we had it on a regular basis and due to economics surrounding my childhood the salmon we had was always canned. It was like they sliced the fish like a loaf of bread and stuck it in the can... backbone and all. The canning process of course turned the bones to mush but just the though of it even 40 years later turns me off.
    Second... it tastes like trout to me and though a love to catch em I either throw em back if I think they'll live or cart em home a give em away.

What's Salmon Shioyaki?

SteveU

Leave a comment:

• nyfireman3097
    replied
    salmon
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• gqjeff
    replied
    I like raw fish also...

Leave a comment:

• GTR
    replied
    Originally posted by SeanCallan
    Nemo :devil2:
    They eat my fingers.
    SteveU

Leave a comment:

• SeanCallan
    replied
    Nemo :devil2:

Leave a comment:

• moonpod
    replied
    Hhhmmm Garlic....hmmmm

Leave a comment:

• GTR
    replied
    Ok... I've never been able to get myself to eat fish uncooked. Seared Ahi on a salad is real good if I don't look at it.

Chuck... linguine and clams....mmmmmmmmm. A load of fresh garlic, olive oil, touch of butter, splash of dry white wine & chopped pepercinis'...pepper sauce to taste.

My favorite salad with the clams this way is...
    Fresh basil leaves
    Fresh tomatoes
    Bocconcini (soft round balls of fresh mozzerella type cheese)
    Dreesing made with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and sugar.
    The house still smells good the next day after cooking the garlic.

SteveU

Leave a comment:

• Orion76
    replied
    Aji Tataki is good isn't it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X