What's your favorite fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite fish?

Not in your tank... but on your dinner plate.

What kind of SW fish, how do you cook it and what do you put on it if anything. Seafood in general not only fish. I have a couple ways I love clams too!

My first choice is halibu with lemon pepper a little olive oil and open flame grilled. Fresh only, never frozen. If I can't find it fresh when I want fish then I get mahi.
    To top it off as a relish I use mango, celantro, red onion and a little pepper sauce. All chopped and allowed to mingle together for an hour or so.

SteveU
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Steve sounds very good.. I had some Halibut tonight.. It was frozen but my friend caught it in Alaska.. It was great.. I baked it at 350 for 18-20 minutes.. I used a nice cajun style spice tonight and pepper.. I also put some butter on top of the fish while cooking.. I cooked my wife a fillet also but used lemon pepper on hers..

Comment

raw tuna

Comment

Salmon all the way, there's a thousand great ways to prepare this fish so I couldn't name a favorite but Salmon Shioyaki is definitely up there

Soy sauce seared red tuna with sesame seeds comes in at a close second
        400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Toro is number one. Just slice it up baby.

I like black cod in miso marinade.

Uni, live Amaebi, and Aji are also sushi/sashimi that are high on my list.

Finally, always love linguine and clams....
          10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
          BK400ext
          RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
          MRC kalkmixer
          IKS

Comment

Aji Tataki is good isn't it?
            400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Ok... I've never been able to get myself to eat fish uncooked. Seared Ahi on a salad is real good if I don't look at it.

Chuck... linguine and clams....mmmmmmmmm. A load of fresh garlic, olive oil, touch of butter, splash of dry white wine & chopped pepercinis'...pepper sauce to taste.

My favorite salad with the clams this way is...
              Fresh basil leaves
              Fresh tomatoes
              Bocconcini (soft round balls of fresh mozzerella type cheese)
              Dreesing made with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and sugar.
              The house still smells good the next day after cooking the garlic.

SteveU
              “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
              ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Hhhmmm Garlic....hmmmm
                10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                BK400ext
                RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
                MRC kalkmixer
                IKS

Comment

Nemo :devil2:

Comment

Originally posted by SeanCallan
                    Nemo :devil2:
                    They eat my fingers.
                    SteveU
                    ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

I like raw fish also...

Comment

salmon
                        Nick
                        Nick
                        180G SPS Mainly
                        10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                        Calcium Reactor
                        3 Tunze 6105's
                        Profilux Controller
                        ATB Return w/ wavysea
                        ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

The problem I have with salmon may be two fold.

First as a kid we had it on a regular basis and due to economics surrounding my childhood the salmon we had was always canned. It was like they sliced the fish like a loaf of bread and stuck it in the can... backbone and all. The canning process of course turned the bones to mush but just the though of it even 40 years later turns me off.
                          Second... it tastes like trout to me and though a love to catch em I either throw em back if I think they'll live or cart em home a give em away.

What's Salmon Shioyaki?

SteveU
                          ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Crappie or Sand Bass (I know not SW) with a little "Shake n Bake" grilled on a camp fire.

Comment

wahoo is real nice.. I used to spearfish a bit so I've tried a lot of different fish, I really hate any fish that has a fishy smell.. used to catch a lot of leatherjackets back home, I think they are basically a tang.. very nice eating too.. (don't report me to the tang police)

my fave would have to be an invert... the southern rock lobster :-)) hmmmm. largest I ever caught was 13lb (near Robe, South Australia)..

whatever fish it is tho it always just seems to taste better when you've killed it with your bare hands that day :-) (except for shellfish of any kind since they make me yak.)

Comment

Working...
                              X