For Hire. No Seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Hire. No Seriously.

Ok, so I need money, who wants to hire me?

I'll do anything, even manual labor if you're in the area; no Scott, I won't do that for you, yes I know what you're thinking. :

I hate being grown up. Apartment leases, speeding tickets, cell phones...money money money.

/rant

must have had a good drive home yesterday - what did Mr. Law clock you at?
    --Matt

Comment

I didn't get any tickets yesterday

I had to go to court for an old one today, 272.00 to Mr. Donut.

Then I signed my new lease for my apartment 235.00.

Oh yeah, Send me a PM about those pumps and we'll talk about a fair price.

Comment

Hey bud I know the feeling. I had a handful of tickets that were 20over and put the hammer down on one that would of been 95over.....in a 60zone!!!!!
        Lucky for me defensive driving and ticket derferments have saved me, I haven't had one in over a year now....although I also haven't had my Corvette for almost a year I wonder if thats related On the plus side I see cops from about 3 miles away now...and dang far away at night also. I'll be driving in a group of cars and start to slow down as I see a five-O ahead, they keep on trucking along about 10 over....its amazing how some people don't look ahead of thier car I mean they get about 50ft away from the cop and then chalk the brakes HAHAHAHAHa.
        65 SPS
        692Watts
        2085gph Max Flow
        Current Pride and Joy-Red Sea Regal Angelfish

ZEO - Phase 2

Comment

BTW: Your money woes are not uncommon, the United States have switched from a manufacturing based to a serviced based economy. I'll give you alittle tip and what I'm hopeing will payoff for myself. I'm not about the college but I'm also not about living in a trailer. Look into RealEstate, getting your licence is easy and inexpensive. Your open to many options also anything from Property management, to Sales Commercial or Residental. Just be prepared to start at teh bottem and work your way in slowly, thats what I'm in the process of doing right now.
          65 SPS
          692Watts
          2085gph Max Flow
          Current Pride and Joy-Red Sea Regal Angelfish

ZEO - Phase 2

Comment

That's something to think about, but as a college student I'm not really trying to take on a full time job like that.

I just want little jobs here any there. I need to secure a web designer so I can start to accept development contracts again.

Thanks though!

Comment

Sean, post your CV. What kind of work are you looking for?
              Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

What's CV?

Comment

Not sure what CV is but I'm a Computer Science major.

I'm pretty nifty with coding and database, web development is another area. I'm not great with design but by god I can pump out some top notch code.

Locally, I can lift heavy things...

I was honestly just ranting, I need to find myself a struggling artist and team up to produce sites for people.

E-commerce is my thing

Comment

Originally posted by SeanCallan
                    What's CV?
                    CV= Curriculum Vitae AKA resume
                    400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Orion76
                      CV= Curriculum Vitae AKA resume

hehe remember Sean is still a young man, and only knows it as resume. They dont teach anymore in school I sware!

Comment

Comment

haha I'd say someone who hasn't learned what CV means is not ready for the job market yet
                          400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

I've worked in offices before, but all I've never heard them ask for was a resume.

Even here on campus there's a class that prepares you for a career and the outline of the course discusses how to build a resume.

No mention of CV ever.

Even my father, Director of Security for NAVSEA(Naval Sea Systems Command), only says resume when he talks about new hires.

Whatever

Comment

Just for fun, here are a couple of definitions of CV:

"A special type of resume traditionally used within the academic community. Earned degrees, teaching and research experience, publications, presentations, and related activities are featured. Unlike a resume, a CV tends to be longer and more informational than promotional in tone. Note: The CV required in theses and dissertations follows a very specific format."

"A resume of a student's education, employment, publications, and other activities. This term is usually used in connection with graduate students and faculty, not undergraduate students."

Sean, I would suggest you build yourself a cool website and post your CV so potential clients actually see what you can do.
                              Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

Working...
                              X