Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Need fish stores in Indianapolis, IN. (fast...!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Need fish stores in Indianapolis, IN. (fast...!)

OK, some time today (not tomorrow) I need advise on any good fish stores in Indianapolis, Indiana, and how to get there. I am leaving tomorrow and need something to do all day(ALL day) Saturday. The reason why I am going is not important, what is, is is there any good Reef stores(with acropora) that are open on SATURDAY?? I know PA is only open to public on friday...there has to bee reefers in Indianapolis...where do you go...and is there a internet site or phone number? Thanks
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Originally posted by Adam
    OK, some time today (not tomorrow) I need advise on any good fish stores in Indianapolis, Indiana, and how to get there. I am leaving tomorrow and need something to do all day(ALL day) Saturday. The reason why I am going is not important, what is, is is there any good Reef stores(with acropora) that are open on SATURDAY?? I know PA is only open to public on friday...there has to bee reefers in Indianapolis...where do you go...and is there a internet site or phone number? Thanks
    they come to my place, but I am out, re-building the store. Try Abyss thats about it for acros bro .

Comment

where is your store...fine I dont really care about acros that much...I just want something to do saturday...please explain more what is your store called, what is the phone number, what is Abyss's phone number?? I need more info. thanks
      Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

Premium is open this Sat. Noon to 3.

Call Blowfish Aquatics and see if they are open.

Comment

on PA internet site it says that they are only open on friday??

Comment

Originally posted by BruceP
            Premium is open this Sat. Noon to 3.

Call Blowfish Aquatics and see if they are open.
            Not anymore. they dont open on saturdays. go to www.blowfishaquatics.com ask for Bryan tell him scott from evolution aquatics told you to stop over, he opened a new store, its very nice from what I have heard, so stop over there. PA is closed. Not sure Abyss's phone number do a search for it.

Comment

quick(next 30 mins!) question...but is blowfish in indianapolis?

If not, how long a drive is it away from Indianapolis?

hheeellllllppppp!!!

Comment

darnet. I can NOT pre-call blowfish aquatics for a appointment, really, I dont have time. Looks like, to me, eithir scotts shop(Info...pleazzzeee!) or this "Abyss" place are the only options.

scott please what is your store!!!

Comment

adam just check out the website it will list there location somewhere on there.

Nick
                  275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

ok...I found the Abyss's phone number and location on some internet yellow pages.

I also found this place called Aquaricare...is it anygood???

Comment

Originally posted by Adam
                      darnet. I can NOT pre-call blowfish aquatics for a appointment, really, I dont have time. Looks like, to me, eithir scotts shop(Info...pleazzzeee!) or this "Abyss" place are the only options.

scott please what is your store!!!
                      I am an hour from Indy bro, and I dont have anything in there. I had tanks built for me and got a few others, I am waiting on my BK to get here before I add water. Call Brian at blowfish he will work with you. tell him scott told you to call him, he is a good guy.

Comment

ok, I got back from there today. I went to Abyss. They didnt impress me at all, they had red bugs...

I went to "The Reef" Pet Shop. That place should be burned to the ground. I have never seen worse and dead corals in my entire life, the place smelled of death.

I went to Inland Aquatics. Quite stunning, indeed. They DID have red bugs in one of the systems in the warehouse in the back, but not the one filled with the huge SPS and Acro colonies. That one was free of bugs. I bought a 1" Blue tip acro for $15, bug free. It will be cool when it adjusts to my tank...it is pretty beat up because I had to attempt to use aquarium silicone to attatch it to the rock (it worked, .....kind of).

Overall the best store of the three was inland aquatics. I asked them again about the ATS systems, they said they could sell me one for $500, and I asked about DIY plans and they said they could not give me them...ohh well overall their corals were absolutely stunning, the soft corals, and the sps in the big system that didnt have red bugs. They said they took all teh sps that were affected out and treated...the LE Jackson Purple Tip monster colony did have red bugs, though.

Comment

Hi Adam, generally, Abyss has the best selection of exotic fish in Indy. Did their Acro[SPS] selection not look good? Thnx. Bob
                          "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

adam you didnt tell me you were coming to inland that is where i live terre haute ding dong. I could have given you a tour of the place. yep told you they had bugs, I have been helping Josh for a long time now. not easy when there is 40,000 gallons of water.

Comment

Bob, I guess I am lucky because I live in Evansville, IN and in Newburg, IN there is a store called waters of the World. I beleive they have the best LFS sps selection I have ever seen.

I really didnt see much sps at all at abyss...besides they had red bugs.. :-(

scott IA only has the bugs in one of the "hidden" sysyem in the back of the warehouse...the system I bought the blue tip frag from did not have any bugs on any of the acros in that huge tank. I looked hard for hours at that tank...and others. It was the tank with the purple rim cap and the big blue ridge coral colony...if that helps at all.

Ohh I want to add one more thing...IA has these 2 really tall tanks, I beleive called breeding towers. There was litteraly NO water movement in these tanks at all I mean it was barely moving...and the corals and acropora in that tank were perfectly healthy...and large. people say flow is really important...these tanks had literally no flow.

Comment

Working...
                              X