Change out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change out??

I am doing my 2nd change out on my zeovit rocks i am right now dosing 1 ml 2x a day of start 3 drops a day of aa and flour and 3 drops of bak/food 2x a week i have my tests to do tomorrow i do them every sunday last wek everything was 0 should i change this also funny thing is my cheato i have in my overflow is growing out of control still
    Nick
    Nick
    180G SPS Mainly
    10 Bulb T5 Starfire
    Calcium Reactor
    3 Tunze 6105's
    Profilux Controller
    ATB Return w/ wavysea
    ATB M External Skimmer

How are your corals looking Nick if they are healthy continue what you ar doing Just keep your eyes open for signs of stress as your nutrients continue to drop.
    Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

More or less the same case for me, PO4 and NO3 is undetectable with salifert but macro algae still grows in the main reef. Keep dosing start to drive the 'undetectable' down to very very low levels and soon the macros will stop growing and statrt dieing
      Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

ok kool just wondering i threw out my macro a month ago and then a week after i found a small hardball amount of macro under a rock in my main tank so i threw it in my overflow and now its like a basketball i feed 1x a day a pinch of flake for my pair of clowns and my diamond goby so i dont have much waste in my 125 i surprised its growing sooo much i am gettin alot of alage growing lately my corals look good but the growth was amazing but its slowin down alot i can notice also this is my second change i forget do i have to use bak and food everyday for a week or 2 or stay w/ 2x a week ?
        Nick
        Nick
        180G SPS Mainly
        10 Bulb T5 Starfire
        Calcium Reactor
        3 Tunze 6105's
        Profilux Controller
        ATB Return w/ wavysea
        ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

For the first 2 weeks, dose the bac/food two days once and after then 2x weekly till next changeout.
          Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

what do you mean by 2 days ?
            Nick
            Nick
            180G SPS Mainly
            10 Bulb T5 Starfire
            Calcium Reactor
            3 Tunze 6105's
            Profilux Controller
            ATB Return w/ wavysea
            ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Skip a day between doses during the first 2 weeks.
              Farish

Comment

Nick, as Farish mentioned, with new zeolites, the seed/feed to the stones will always be every other day for the 1st two wks. then 2x's/wk. Some reefs take a longer time to reach ultra-low nutrient level--no concern as long as the corals are striving with a thin bacterial film Bob
                "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

ok thanx guys
                  Nick
                  Nick
                  180G SPS Mainly
                  10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                  Calcium Reactor
                  3 Tunze 6105's
                  Profilux Controller
                  ATB Return w/ wavysea
                  ATB M External Skimmer