LR in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LR in Europe

Is LR as readily available in Europe as it is here in the US? I heard once that it was difficult to obtain. Is that why systems are being built using man-made structures in the tanks?

SteveU
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Steve, in germany you can buy LR with no problems,

Comment

Not necessarily a problem getting live rock in Europe....but it it generally pretty pricey.
      Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

No problems getting it here in the UK either although cost is a factor a 20kg box is around £200 (which is around 380 US Dollars) !

Ga

Comment

At some point was it not allowed into Germany?

$8.60/lb is not cheap by any means but some top quality rock at a local store is almost that much... $7.50/lb. That is if I'm doing the conversions for kg to lb correct.

So are those using the man-made products doing it for looks and the ability to create a perfect aquascape? That's difficult at best when trying to do so from a couple boxes of unusual shapes.

SteveU
          “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
          ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

As far as I know, there haven't been a ban on importing LR to Europe.

The man-made products are there to make it more easy to make a nice aquascape
            The Dutch forum
            My tank

Comment

Working...
            X