No announcement yet.

Aged Salt-3rd. rock exchange What NOW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aged Salt-3rd. rock exchange What NOW?

Bob,
    First Thanks for your advice on outside air for Protein Skimmer. It is working
    Ok, now we are getting back on track. Mess up on Starter, had to stop for
    awhile. We are dosing now using volume (150G) 3drops bak-3drops food- 3x's week and starter 1/2 ml. 2x's week. Potassium 6drops, AA 6 drops
    every other day. All parameters are the same-good. Getting ready to change out rocks again. Should we keep the quantity up. I'm thinking maybe to increase the starter to 1ml. 2x's week. Kept low key because of my mistake
    with calcium reactor. I mess with the bubble count.
    Barbara

Barbara, ZEOstart should be dosed on a daily basis instead of 2x weekly if you are still in the early stages of the ZEOvit system. Dosing ZEOstart 0.5ml 2x daily should be ok for a system of 150G.

Our ZeoGuru, Bob, will fill you in on the rest of the dosing if changes are needed
    Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Thanks Fladir for the quick reply,Will be looking to hear from the Zeo/Guru !
      Thanks again
      Barbara

Comment

Hi Barbara, As Farish mentioned, Start should be dosed in smaller quantities more frequently in order to maintain our multi-culture bacterial balance. Plz. if you would, tell me about your parameters/nutrients levels & appearances of your corals, then I can exact your doses. Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Bob
          It's good to be back.Going to give you readings:
          Salt 1.026
          Mag 1350
          Phos 0
          Nit 0
          Cal 440
          DKH 8.0
          PH lights off,lowest reading
          Total water volume 150 gallons
          1 1/2 liters of rocks.
          As for corals.A few branches with color change to them.All of them seem to be a little light in coloration.The Soli coral is supposed to have intense purple around all it's tips.That's only showing the purple just in places now.A pale greensih tint to the rest of the colony.
          I hope I covered all the details,to progress further now.If I missed
          something here to fine tune these additives.Drop let me know.
          Barbara

Comment

Bob
            Forgot to give the readings on that post as for PH levels.
            Thanks again

Comment

Hi Barbara, I'm rushed for lunch--I'll post up tonight & thnx. for the additional info Bob

Comment

Barbara, looks as though ZEOvit has lowered your nutrients With your corals light & undetectable nutrients, I'd recommend the following: 1)AAHC--4drops daily 2) PIF--5drops 2x's/wk. 3) Bak/food7--3drops each every other day for the 1st 2wks, then 3drops each 2x's/wk. 4) Start---.2ml 3x's/day daily, or if you can not do this that often, then .3ml 2x's/day. Bob

Comment

Bob
                  So with these new changes now.I will still watch the panes,for any type of growth as for algae.Exactly how days on the panes,which you might be an overdose on the additives?I know people it varies on cleaning these panes.Or do you just want to make these changes,and just give you an update?I'm getting a new coral shipment Wednesday,just don't want to fry the newbie's .
                  Thanks again
                  Happy Reefing

Comment

Barbara, these should be safe doses, as they're conservative. Zeo-excess will cause daily brown/green film on your panes or tip-tissue thinning----> recession. If you notice this, just hold all zeo's for several days then resume at 50% quantities. Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob
                      That did clear up the panes issue for me.
                      Will let you know,as I progress threw these next few weeks.
                      Barbara & Curt

Comment

Update Bob
                        I changed over to your dosages.But I did clean the panes Sunday,but it's Tuesday and need to be cleaned again.But the real concern now,is one of the corals is showing white around it's base.Seems to be slowly working it's way up.I'm sure it's the dosages amounts the you said to do.But which ones do I back off ?Is the Start that does this?Dosing Start.03 twice a day now.Need an update from you.
                        Thanks,
                        Barbara and Curt

Comment

Hi Curt/Barbara, a few questions?--did you dose daily during the first two wk. period or every other day? How much carbon are you using? Is it used passively? I'm puzzled if you followed my recommendations, as these doses are not in excess. Are both you & Curt doing some dosing? Basal loss can be a sign of parameter imbalance, therefore, reck. these first.[This is important] Secondly, reck. & confirm the flow rate used thru your zeo-filter. It should be 150gph for your system. A little more or less is OK. Strong brownish/green film on the panes is a visual cue that excess zeo's are present. Normally this should be light, to invisible, but feels a bit slimey to the tactile hand. Having done the aforementioned, hold ALL zeo-dosing for 7-10 days or longer until tissue recession has stopped, then resume your zeo's at 50% quantities.. While not dosing, decrease the zeo-filter flow also by 50%. This can be ramped up to the normal flow when you resume the 1/2 amounts in your zeo-dosing. keep us updated. Bob

Comment

Bob
                            I noticed this when the lights were off last night.Sorry for the late post at my end.Barbara and I both maintain the tank.But what is also strange,this is only being scene on 1 coral.All the others are fine.I have to go to work today.Barbara said she will fill you in on the data you need.I won't dose anything this morning.That way we can try to figure this one out.Oh by the way it's the Purple Monster coral where this is being scene.If it's only effecting 1 coral in the system,where do you go from there?But will give some details later today for you.
                            Curt & Barbara

Comment

rock 3rd.

Hi Bob,
                              I'll try to answer some of the things we were dosing. First for two weeks we were using 1/2 ml. of starter. Now, .03 ml. of starter twice a day, AA 4 drops
                              daily, Bak/food 3 each every other day, PoI 5 drops twice a week. Using 1 cup and a 1/2 cup of carbon. Running the zeovit rocks on a mag. 2 with control water flow half opened. When we exchange rocks, we used 1L. and 10% of old rocks. The panes are a little filmy. We will stop using starter for a few days as you mention. But, should we also stop zeofood 7? Hope this helps both of us. It's early and my brain isn't up yet. If things change will
                              resume 50% quanties.
                              Thanks Barbara

Comment

Working...
                              X