PH and Zeovit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PH and Zeovit

What does everyones PH usually run at using the Zeovit? Curious because no one ever mentions PH using the Zeo method. Has anyone noticed a drop in their PH? There is also nothing mentioned in the Zeo guide about PH levels. Is this because it's not important using Zeo?? If thats the case, thatwould be great.

8.1, I have to mix a buffer in w/ my topoff or its around 7.9-8.0. I did notice it drop when I started ZEO, however that is also the exact same day I stoped dripping Kalkwasser and Vinigar. So who knows, I don't see how it could lower Ph.
    65 SPS
    692Watts
    2085gph Max Flow
    Current Pride and Joy-Red Sea Regal Angelfish

ZEO - Phase 2

Comment

I hear you Znut
      The guide lines doesn't mention PH levels at all.If you keep Cal at 420/440,DKH 7.5/8.0.Your PH doesn't run at 8.2 or even 8.3.Because when you adjust one of these the other goes out of balance.I'm also trying to figure this one.I even talked to Eric from Fragfarmer tonight.His system was reading 7.9 as for PH levels.I was trying to find this out from him tonight,but was busy in his store.And I have to call Monday.Again look at his PH levels,again not near the 8.2,or 8.3.range.So I still like to know also,why PH isn't really mentioned.I also was told that Zeovit products,have an acid to them.Which in turns drive PH levels down.So is the PH a factor,running Zeovit?If so what are the best PH levels?

Comment

MrMongoose - Thanks for the input. I also use to use KalK before using Zeo. But not suppose to use it now.

Curt - Thanks for your input also. Maybe others will chime in here.

Comment

Mines at 8.1 to 8.2. It used to read around 7.9, but I used some buffers to raise it to what it is right now. Since then it never went below 8.0 I stopped kalk also, since zeovit.

Comment

Thanks naka, what buffers did you use?

Comment

Mine used to run around 8.1 during the day and about 7.8 at night. I turned off my calcium reactor because I had to send the regulator in for repair and my daytime pH now climbs to about 8.35, but it's still 7.85 at night. The increase in pH didn't surprise me - you can usually count on a calcium reactor lowering your pH about .2 - but the wider swing did surprise me.

I tested my Alk and it was at 6.5, so I am going to raise it to 8 and see if that helps narrow the swings. When I get my regulator back (hopefully this week) I'm also going to experiment with only running my reactor during the day, which should help minimize the swing between day and night.

Comment

Before ZEO I was running about 8.2 in the day and 7.8 at night while dosing kalk and now it runs 8.0 in the day and 7.7-7.6 at night. I do not use buffer in my top off water as I have found it always makes everything get nasty after a while if it is not all scrubbed each time the vat is empty.
                Dustin

"Water is the driving force of all nature"
                Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Aquarist20

Thanks for your reply! Have you noticed any problems with the PH going down so low? So in other words you have learned to live with it.

Comment

I've run reef tanks in the past with pH at 7.8 for extended periods of time with no apparent problems... I would not add endless buffer trying to raise it, unless your dKH is low also...

Currenty my tank runs around 8.1 to 8.3, sometimes higher... Depends on how much algae growth is currently active...
                    Rimless Starfire 85g SPS
                    (36" x 26" x 21")
                    ATI Powermodule 10 x 39W
                    ATB Small Cone
                    RK2
                    Vortech MP40W
                    6025 Stream modded
                    Vertex Zeo Reactor
                    Balling

Comment

I use Kent marine super buffer.

Comment

With the Zeo system my pH is ranging 7.80-8.05 (alk 8.0° dKH), it was 8.10-8.25 before (alk 9.6° dKH). No changes at all apart from the zeostuff. I think it definitively decreases the pH.
                        Alessandro

Comment

I was at 8.1-8.3 before.. Now with zeo I am 7.8-8.0.. Alk 8... No difference in the corals visually.. I will not add buffer for this reason.. All is going well so no need to mess with it...

Peace and Good luck, Jeff

Comment

Im running from 7.9 to 8.2 on a daily basis:

Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Farish, is that your IKS graph?

Comment

Working...
                              X