Thinking of going Cube :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of going Cube :)

Hey guy just want your in put on this. I am thinking of converting my 55g to a 60 gal cube (24x24x25). A buddy of mine is going to give me his 400w se halide setup, but needs a new blub.

Pros: -more depth
    -more depth
    -not going to cost much out of pocket just glass tank ~$80, and bulb
    -400w light will help my growth and color a lot more that my
    currentsetup 150wx2

cons: not as long but willing to sacrifice length for more depth

What are your thoughts????
    Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

cubes are very cool. personally, they are my favorite. I have a 30x30x20. Now I want one bigger

Comment

I love cubes. My tank now isn't exactly a cube (48x29x24), but I do appreciate the extra depth for aquascaping. I think tanks where you can get that depth working for you look the best (prime example - Steve Weast's tank).

My dream tank is a 240g 48x48x24 cube, viewable from all 4 sides. I just have to buy a house to put it in first, because there's nowhere it would fit in this one.

Comment

I too have been thinking of going into cubes.

However, I have a concern, would a 400w MH be too hot for a tank that small? I would assume you'll be using a chiller right?

I was told 250w MH would be perfect for those dimension but perhaps you know something more then me.

OUinLA - How much water volume is that?

Comment

No chiller only fans
          Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Working...
          X