filter sock question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filter sock question

i know this has been discussed before on RC but figured i would check here. i would like to start zeo on my almost 2 year old 92 corner, but my ONLY option is to run it in a 50 micron sock in my sump( or in another area of sump). i have NO room for a reactor. space is limited under a 92 corner stand. like most cases, my overfloe goes into sock. my 1000gph return is throttled down to about 600-700gph. 1 of my main concerns is the amount of water going through overflow and into sock. it cannot be changed as u know. i thought i read that zeo must be started slow. i don't see how i'm going to start slow if i use zeo in a sock. anyway just looking to hear from those who have zeo experience. please, any info on this subject, would be great. i really want to start zeo but am kinda worried due to me having to use zeo in sump. thanks.
    92 corner SPS BB, 2X250W Phoenix 14K/PFO dual HQI ballast, 2X95W URI actinic VHO/Ice-Cap 430, Euro-reef CS6-2, Iwaki 30RXT return, 4XTUNZE 6000 on MC,22g sump,135lb Fiji branch/Marshall Is. LR/ tank up 4/16/03

DMK, one can use the zeolites in a filter sock, in a high flow area. Alexander did this for the first 6mos. that he used ZEOvit Worked for him & others, but not as well as if the zeolites run in a dedicated reactor. I would try this & later consider a external zeo-filter made by Madison[OUinLA]. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

i would like to use a reactor, but like i said, space is very limited under stand. i MAY be able to run a small fluval, that's it, no room for anything bigger w/ plumbing, also NO room in sump. how would i start the zeo if i go in the sump or in sock? i've read that u have to start slow and i don't see a way to start slow using the zeo in sock or sump? good to see u over here too Aged Salt. just found this site today.
      92 corner SPS BB, 2X250W Phoenix 14K/PFO dual HQI ballast, 2X95W URI actinic VHO/Ice-Cap 430, Euro-reef CS6-2, Iwaki 30RXT return, 4XTUNZE 6000 on MC,22g sump,135lb Fiji branch/Marshall Is. LR/ tank up 4/16/03

Comment

Hi DMK, going slow is referencing to stay with the ZEOvit guidelines in using the method. No problem doing this with the stones in a bag. As the flow in a bag is mostly around the stones & not thru them as in the zeo-filter, the flow rate needs to be extraordinary rapid, so the overflow or sump will be fine Bob BTW, Welcome to ZEOvit.com
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Working...
        X