Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aqua Medic Reef Salt

Hi All,

Mixed up some Aquamedic Reef salt last night and 12 hours after heavy circulation, i'm not happy with the results.

The redaings i got from my salifert kits where as below. I used my hanna colour meter to test the PO4. Dupla Alpha PH controler to test the PH.

PO4 - 0.00
    PH - 8.16
    SG - 1.0245
    NO3 - 0.00
    CA - 450

Now the below results is what have me worried:-

MG - 1140
    KH - 4.5 DKH

I think i will revert to NSW and use an AL PO4 absorber 24 hours to strip the PO4 out of the water quickly. Also run some carbon to remove any organic mater in the water (not that i think there is much, best to be on the safe side)

Cheers
    Che

Hmm, your readings seems very strange. When I mixed mine, kh is about 7-8 and Mg is above 1250 all of the time.
    Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Is your NSW constant in reading for all the elements u tested? My supply over here is dodgy at best.. Depends on if its been raining etc etc. Its much more constant if I use saltmixes as the levels are the same every single time.

Another danger that we face when using NSW is all the unknowns that we are introducing into our tank including possible parasites/bacteria/diseases... worth a thought IMHO
      Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Hi farish,

No NSW always test at 1260-1280 and KH 7 DKH.

Maybe i had a bad batch of salt?

I have been using NSW for the past 15 years with no problems.But now that the new SPS tank is up and running i'm looking at all ways to lower PO4.

Cheers
        Che

Comment

yikes. I wonder why salts are very inconsistent? Must be hard to make the right salt.

Comment

Working...
          X