Poly Filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poly Filters

Any body know if you can use poly filters with zeo!! the reason i ask is i have about 15 poly filters left from before i started using zeo. was just wondering if it would hurt anything!!

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing.. you mean a sock?

Comment

Edward... I think they absorb different chemical a turn color based on what they take up. Some I think are al based.

SteveU
      “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
      ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

these are poly filter pads that you add to your sump or filter which remove organics,toxic ammonia, heavy metals and such. says will not soften water or remove trace minerals. i used them all the time before i started zeo! MADE BY POLY-BIO-MARINE INC.

Comment

I don't think I would use PolyFilters on a regular basis with ZEO... The skimmer and passive use of carbon in the sump seems to be what works best and what is recommended. You can always sell them in the Equipement For Sale forums here or on RC...
          Rimless Starfire 85g SPS
          (36" x 26" x 21")
          ATI Powermodule 10 x 39W
          ATB Small Cone
          RK2
          Vortech MP40W
          6025 Stream modded
          Vertex Zeo Reactor
          Balling

Comment

ok i was just trying to put them to good use.

Comment

I would keep them in case of emergencies..
              Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

They work great for taking out Interceptor, after treating for red bugs.

Tom
                Current Tank: 75g sps restarted with ZEOvit August 2004, Aqua Connect 14K 250W SE MH x 2, SLS HQI ballasts, 54W blueplus T5s x 2, H&S A150 external (recirculating) skimmer, Tunze Stream 6060, 6000 with single controller, Geo Ca reactor, in-sump ZEOvit reactor from Madison, Aquacontroller

Comment

I'll keep them around just in case i need them some reason!

Comment

Working...
                  X