Help with dosage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with dosage

Hey everyone. I am having some troubles with my tank and would like some help.

I have had a couple caps lose tissue from the center outward in the past few weeks and one acro lose a bit of tissue on the tips. I have held all dosing except AAHC for 5 days now and everything seems to have stopped.

I was dosing .5ml Start every other day and 3 drops Food/Bac 2x per week.
    After the last change of ZEOlites I went to dosing .25ml Start everyday and Food/Bac 3 drops 2x per week. Thats when things started not looking so good. So where do I go from here? Also running .5 liter ZEOlites. And have been an addict since 8-5-04.

Tank - 75g
    Net Vol. - 60g
    NO3 - 0
    PO4 - .015
    PH - 8.0
    Alk - 7.4
    CA - 400
    MG - 1325
    Salinity - 1.024

Thanks,
    Dustin

"Water is the driving force of all nature"
    Leonardo da Vinci

Dustin, first are you certain that your flow through your zeo reactor is right? This will cause tissue ressesion if it is too high(yours should be at 50gph). If that is good, Bob usually recommends dosing start everyday usuall 2x a day. I would dose start at 1/2 what your dosing is ~0.05 ml 2x's a day and watch your params. If nutrients start to rise try upping the dosage a little.

Take it from someone that has encountered almost all tissue loss problems you can get while on Zeo
    Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

hi,
      I think you dose ZEOstart to much, Thomas Pohl says: 0,5 - 1ml per 250gal!!
      I would dose everytime only the lowest dose rate!

robert
      300 x 90 x 70
      http//www.korallenzucht.at/oshop

Comment

Hi Dustin, as Sean & Robert mentioned, dose less Start but more frequently. I'd recommend holding Start for another 3-5 days while resuming Bak/Food7 at the above dosing regimen. This will allow the tissue recession to recover. Dose Start .1ml daily & be sure as Sean has said, to check the flow rate thru the zeolites--50gph max. Alexander, in these situations, also suggests slowing down the flow rate thru the zeolites for a time. Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I was thinking it was an issue of overdosing Start but was not sure as it is the same amount I have been dosing for months now. I will reduce it to .05 ml 2x per day and see where that takes me. I am positive it is not the flow through the ZEOlites as I am runnint about 49.2 gph as per the flow meter I am using. I will check it once again to be sure though.

Thanks!
          Dustin

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Dustin, I'd still suggest dropping to flow rate down to 25gph for awhile if tissue recession returns Bob

Comment

Only if it returns or should I drop it down anyway?
              Dustin

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Hi Dustin, once the corals have recovered, your lower Start dosage should be safe with no change in the zeo-filter flow. Bob

Comment

Thanks again Bob.
                  Dustin

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Working...
                  X