Problem keeping light blue color

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem keeping light blue color

I think every pigment has his own recipe for best results: iron for green, I+F for blue/violet, etc. I always had some problems with light blue, while dark, solid blue of my blue A.nobilis is ok.
    Do you have a particular colony that allowed you to understand the secret of light blue pigments?
    Alessandro

Hi Alessandro, light blues are difficult to maintain, as nutrients within our closed systems are higher than in the ocean. Striving for as nutrient-poor waters coupled with intense MH lighting, & strong current will allow I to keep this light blue coloration. Alessandro, if you use the ZEOvit method, be sure to dose Start in smaller but more frequent doses or exchange the zeolites more often. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Try getting a hold of a blue elseyi. Those will color up into a nice powder light blue under 10k's and a VERY fast grower.

Mine is just a frag, but it is growing extremely fast now.

Comment

Edward, you Spurred2 that coral Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

yea this was after a spur2... but the spur2 didnt lighten it up too much.. it took away the brown from its base instead. let me see if I can find a pic

Comment

Here it is when i first got it..

And the base after spur2:

Comment

I really like that coral edward. Very nice

Comment

Edward, Do you think a frag of that will survive 12 hours or so via DHL/UPS?
                Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

How about a frag to West Australia via DHL.....only 5 days :smash: :smash:

Comment

Originally posted by Aged Salt
                    Hi Alessandro, light blues are difficult to maintain, as nutrients within our closed systems are higher than in the ocean. Striving for as nutrient-poor waters coupled with intense MH lighting, & strong current will allow I to keep this light blue coloration. Alessandro, if you use the ZEOvit method, be sure to dose Start in smaller but more frequent doses or exchange the zeolites more often. Bob
                    Hi Bob, my tank is still very young (4 months) and I have some hard work keeping PO4 levels low. I'm still in the 0.03-0.05 range. I have a large light blue Acropora gemmifera that is showing a nice color, while another unknown species has lost some. Others colors are very nice and strong.
                    I have a very strong PAR thanks to my 400W BLV in lumenarc reflectors. Water movement is more than 25x.
                    And, yes! I dose Start by splitting the dose in 4.... mmmm need another dosing pump here
                    Alessandro

Comment

Working...
                    X