Start dosage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start dosage

Since removing most of the sand in my main tank i have po4 of around 1ppm (was around 0.5 using salifert) and higher nitrate (not THAT high, cant remember the reading but still readable), im sure water changes will bring this down in time but in the meantime would increasing the amount of zeostart be a good or bad idea, ive just changed over my first batch of rocks and into the second week of the 2nd batch of rocks, my tank is 150 gallons and currently dosing 6 drops of bak/food every other day, 6 drops of amino acids daily and 0.75 ml of zeostart daily.

Any advice ?

thanks

Gary

Gary, I seem to recall at zeolite exchange that you were having trouble with tip recession??? If so, stay the course outlined. If your corals are fine & healthy, you can try doubling the Start quantity for one wk & observe the corals--if they become too light or tip thinning/loss, then hold all zeo's for 3-5 days until no further recession occurs, then begin again at your original doses Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Thanks Bob,

Wasnt me that had the thinning tips, think it could have been another UK reefer, Andrew (Pomme).

Will try doubling the dosage and see what happens.

Cheers

Gary

Comment

Gary, let us know how this dosage affects your corals. Thnx. Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Working...
        X