Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeovit MacroElements dosages?

Hi Zeoheads! ,

Can/should the dosage of ME be subdivided into multiple dosages a day instead of weekly?

For my tank of about 800L, its 5ml/100L so total is 40ml/week.

Can this be divided into equal dosages of 2.85ml 2x daily? or should it be dosed at 40ml 1 x weekly?

Thanks!
    Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Farish, good question, Alexander says many of the elements contained in ZeoSpurME are not present in our salts[it contains various "metal salts"]It will primarily have a impact on the color intensity. I've noticed the change mainly at the tips w/o tissue darkening. It is not necessary for the ZEOvit system but it is a supplement to "fine-tune" one's corals As SpurME can accumulate[effect lasts ~ 4-5 days] to prevent excess it is best to dose all at once, once a wk.. For a time, I dosed it 2x's/wk, but since have reverted to the recommendated dosing frequency as I saw no difference & was concerned about the potential excess. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Hmm, I was itching to use my multi-doser so that i can break the dosage down to daily.

Already doing it for my Zeostart dosing. Broken down to 3x daily at 8 hours interval with a total volume of 4ml/day
      Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Farish, what doser are you using?

Comment

Jeff, using the IKS Vario-4 dosing pump. Its 1 unit but with 4 independent dosing pumps. Way cool!
          Farish

Comment

I dose ME weekly after my water change. The only thing I notice ME does for my corals is the increased polyp extension. I really cant tell if the colors have improved because the colors look great already.

Comment

yeah, your tank is the amoung the best I have seen! (non-zeo and zeo powered included) Hope my tank will slowly approach your standard steadily
              Farish

Comment

Farish, as long as you love your reef and care for it like a child, then it will fluorish and bring you what you are aiming for. Test your water and do all that ZEOvit asks with the maintenance part and you will be there soon.

Comment

Working...
                X