Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which Salt?

Hi All,

Since i'm having problems with my NSW (high PO4) and i' only do a 5% change on the weekends (which is 20L), i'm going to use a salt mix for my top up water (in order to reduce my PO4).

Here in Australia, i can get Red Sea, Coral Reef, Reef Doc and Instant Ocean (but IO is hard to find).

Which of the above should i go for (since the choice is small).

Thanks
    Che

hi che,
    I know only Red Sea and Instant Ocean, in Austria we have other salts, but I would take Red Sea, but only to change with other salts.
    My experience is, if you use only Red Sea you get red film at the sand, we say "Schmieralgen".
    I also change 5% per week (80l) and I use 4 diffrent salts.

robert
    300 x 90 x 70
    http//www.korallenzucht.at/oshop

Comment

Thanks Robert,

The red algae does not sound good. Maybe i better make a few phone calls and see if i can track down some Instant Ocean somewhere.

Cheers
      Che

Comment

Posted this in your other thread.... Good to see another Aussie

Hey i have the same choice.... here is a Singapore shop that has some more types salt... idk the shipping price http://www.eaquanature.com/store/default.php?cPath=55

PM me if you want to trade sps.
        HTH Josh
        Josh
        System: 430ltr SPS ZEOvit system, Balling Method (Growtech), BubbleKing200, Profilux with LAN and Salinity
        Lighting: Dimmbar 54w T5: D&D and KZ mixture.
        Flow: Tunze 6060, Iwaki MX70 CL + penductors
        BlauRiff

"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning"

Comment

Cheers Josh,

Thanks for the link. I will ask them the shipping cost to Australia. I may give the Topic Marine Reef Pro a go, i have heard good reviews about this salt.

Where in Australia are you, i'm over here in Perth. Good to get away from all the narrow minded idiots on RTAW.

Cheers
          Che

Comment

No worries Che, I'm in Adelaide. I have heard good things about that salt too. Currently i just use IO... and add Seachem's Advantage Calcium and Magnesium to get them up.

Very true about RTAW :flame:

Cheers Josh
            Josh
            System: 430ltr SPS ZEOvit system, Balling Method (Growtech), BubbleKing200, Profilux with LAN and Salinity
            Lighting: Dimmbar 54w T5: D&D and KZ mixture.
            Flow: Tunze 6060, Iwaki MX70 CL + penductors
            BlauRiff

"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning"

Comment

Thanks Josh,

I have manged to find locally AquaMedic Reef Salt. I know that Alexander and Aged Salt have used this product (read on RC)

Not 100% sure what their thoughts where, guys can i have some feed back before i make a purchase. If i can avoid bringing in salt from Singapore, i will go with this product as it works out cheaper.

Cheers
              Che

Comment

well I'm have swtich to using Tm pro salt and I like it alot. Give it a try and I best you will be happy with it too..
                ---------------------------
                180g 3 side Low Iron Glass, Lighting: ATI Power Module 10 x 80W KZ Coral Light (awiting for to mix with fiji purple), Return Pump: Red Dragon 12m3, Tunze WaveMaker:1x 6200, 3 x 6100 and 1 x 6060 + Multicontroller 7095, Bubble King 300 Internal, Deltec - PF 601S, Arctica Chiller 1/2HP, I~Zeo Reactor IZ-618

BK 300 in actionhttp://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...IDEO_00003.flv

Comment

Che, Aquamedic Reef Salt have been given the thumbs up by KZ, G.Alexandar and Bob and I am personally using the salt since the birth of my tank. The levels for MG/KH/CA mixes at very appropriate levels as per the Zeovit recommendations. So no worries on using the salt instead of shipping salt from elsewhere.
                  Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Farish,

Thanks for the info. I got the shipping cost over night and the cost is almost twice of what the product is worth (Tropic Marine Pro). I will give AquaMedic Reef a go as the reviews look OK (plus it's a heap cheaper)

Che

Comment

Working...
                    X